I reorganized my closet today. Ditched the hangers; I couldn't see what was in the back, and so there were dresses (I do my skirts later, but my shirts and pants are pretty good overall) in there that I remember buying at some point but not wearing in recent memory ( having worn then within the last year or so...because I couldn't see them in the back). Now they're just folded in the same space, and I can see everything.
This Week's Trivia
Ever heard of poisonous honey? I bet not, but it exists: https://modernfarmer.com/strange-history-hallucinogenic-mad-honey/
This Week's Fallout News
Fallout 76 has finally dropped the details on private server costs... and it certainly hasn't gone over well with folks. Bethesda has rolled out a subscription service for FO76: players can purchase a "Fallout 1st" plan for about $13 a month or for $100 a year. The service will grant access to private servers, as well as some base game perks: an unlimited-capacity Scrapbox for crafting components; a placeable fast-travel Survival Tent; 1,650 Atoms per month; and some exclusive armor, emotes, and icons. The move has (successfully?) managed to aggravate the Fallout 76 community at large, if Discord or Reddit can be taken as any indication of folks' opinions....
Why do you have to pay so much? What happened to cheap stuff? What happend to a godforsaken free game? I don't know about you, but Fallout 76 might go down in gaming history as one bad move after another on Beth's part. Being money hungry certainly will drive away people you need to play your games. I can't imagine that running Fallout 76 costs them that much as to how much they are charging everyone for even the most basic things (like a working fridge; you certainly didn't have to pay any real money to get one in Fallout 3).
Last Week's Polls
Do you think there is anything "romantic" about the Eiffel Tower or Paris?
- Maybe? Maybe you can be convinced, but not me.
- Hell no. Who comes up with this stuff? What the hell makes Paris and the Eiffel Tower so much better than any other place on Earth?
- You don't pay attention. At least you were spared the indoctrination!
- Two people said they are smitten with love. Blargh. I'm not a loveless person (far from it), but Paris and France and all that is not what "romance" is to me. Take me somewhere else, please.
Would you buy a private server for an online game?
- You would need to think on it. I'm not into subscription services for games. Sign me off.
- You're not into online games (me either, but I like screenshots) and it would depend on how much the server would cost. If you made it cheap, tons of people would buy, but if you made it 10 bucks or over a month, fewer people would buy. Bethesda is just getting money hungry. this is not good...
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
THAT'S ALL THIS WEEK! IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR ME, LEAVE THEM ON MY TALK PAGE!