I thought I'd continue this week what was kind of going on last week in the comments: Religion, and How it Affects Your Life. Sounds like a book title, doesn't it? But it does affect your life, for better or worse. I know, because I follow an old, old religion (like most from there) from India. I don't intend on changing to anything else, but living in the Bible Belt has its drawbacks: some people can be very narrow minded because I don't worship Jesus. I venerate him, I understand who he is, but he's not central to my worship. That makes me part of an "eastern pagan" religion, as I've heard it been called. I don't make any distinctions based on religion in person-to-person relating and contact, so why should they? I even (by extension...my mom was the one) got kicked out of a store a few weeks ago for being "different". What do you think?
This Week's Trivia
While I'm all for religion, there are some you should stay away from: namely, books that tell you how to make your own religion! I've seen them for sale, so I'm not talking junk.
I think that Global Warming, Climate Change and whatever else you want to call it is already there as being a religion, or quite close to getting there. There's quite a few other things in current politics that are becoming "religions" almost, but I will not put them here.
This Week's Fallout News
A Fallout Shelter sequel game is finally being released - with player versus player combat! This incarnation of Fallout on mobile might seem to be a more logical place to put down multiplayer (versus doing it on consoles or PC, of course...). The game, to be released in a month or so, will feature the ability to raid others' vaults and vice versa, plus plenty of new smaller features.The concept might sound nice, but of course there's a caveat: It's only being made in China, and only for Chinese players. Why? No one seems to know, but that's the way it is.
I can see someone pirateing (is that how you spell it?) this and putting it up for sale in America, or someone will pirate the code and make their own for other countries. I bet you top caps that this will happen.
Last Week's Polls
What do you do to cool down from the heat?
- You commented that you do pretty much of all of the above...but some are more enjoyable than others, of course.
- Sitting and sweating. I guess we're all masochists, then. Or is it zen by trying to block out that you're suffering?
- Drinking lots of water. Don't do this if you happen to want to visit every bathroom in town, or happen to be on a long drive in your non-air-conditioned vehicle. Trust me, I know.
Do you believe that the Capital Wasteland could be as hot as it is portrayed in the game?
- Summer got to be a lot longer (nooooooo!!!!) and seasons are the same...just that summers got hotter. Does that mean that winter got colder, too?
- Comment. Games don't portray weather that much, I know. In fact, its practically non-existant. What gives?
- You never really thought of it. True, if you're facing a couple Giant Radscorpions and a few normal ones as well, you might not be thinking about the weather or lack of it...
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
THAT'S ALL THIS WEEK! IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR ME, LEAVE THEM ON MY TALK PAGE!