|Features around the Moose:
Tactical Atomic Panda's Challenge of the week!
The current weekly challenge is the Editing I challenge, in which our Patrons will be challenged to make 50 quality edits to any articles of their choosing. Upon completion of this challenge, please alert us in the comments section below, and we will check your edits before awarding you with your shiny new credits.
- 250 credits upon completion
- Bonus: An additional 100 credits if a quality article in need is created
Interested in joining the wider SNM community? Look no further, fellow Patrons.
The SNM provides its very own Twitter account, for those Patrons interested in keeping in touch with us, and exchanging news that may or may not necessarily make it onto the Sentinel. Give us a Tweet sometime!
Enjoying the Sentinel? Our Patrons have the opportunity to sign up for our newsletter here, which will keep you updated on our new releases, as well as providing a few additional perks.
Hello fellow Patrons, and welcome to this week's edition of the Strategic Nuclear Moose (SNM) Sentinel, a Nukapedia Wiki News Digest (WND).
The SNM sentinel is a consistent Friday release, and will be covering everything from wiki-related news, geek culture, and community content established to help incentivize our incredibly hard working and devout editors, who certainly deserve a bit of recognition for their parts in improving and expanding this wiki and the community behind it.
For those that were not around during the Sentinel's origin days, the concept is a community driven one, affording opportunities for our fellow Patrons to contribute towards each edition. Interested in getting to know the community behind the SNM? Feel free to not only join us on our personal Discord here, but also the overall Nukapedia Discord here.
- We now offer a newsletter iteration of the Sentinel for our Patrons to enjoy! Interested? Feel free to sign-up here, and reap the perks.
- We have a new Patron joining our ranks! Please give a warm welcome to Nukapedia's very own Denis517, who will be bringing the SNM community a new fan-fic community feature. Make sure to give his works a read here, set in the restructured setting of Salt Lake City - It's certainly well worth the read.
- We still are not quite ready to introduce the credits incentive project yet, but please stay tuned for next week's edition, where we will be revealing the perks that can be purchased using our community-earned Credits.
- Local wiki blog-meister Leea brings the citizens of Nukapedia their Saturday polls, so make sure to check out their latest edition and show some love and support!
- Another local blog-meister by the name of NomadicNom brings Nukapedia's loyal citizens their Friday polls, so save some love and support for their latest edition as well.
- For those of you /d users, I'll assume y'all are already fairly aware of the distinguished The Courier NCR for life. As an update from last week's addition, Cor has successfully campaigned for additional rights, and is now Nukapedia's newest Discussion Moderator!
- A project currently in dire need of additional helpers, is the Behind the Scenes Speculation Project, which is seeking to both help verify and/or remove dubious information found across the wiki's article-space. Remember that once completed, all participants will receive an official Nukapedia badge of recognition to showcase on their profile, so get to work!
- A re-make of the classic Resident Evil 2 game has just been released, and is currently making waves within the gaming community, praising both its spectacularly done modernization, as well as the devs capabilities in keeping the game true to the game's original spirit. If our Patrons are fans of a good horror game, hurry up and grab this game, for the Xbox One, PS4, and PC, with sales already available.
- Cyberpunk 2077 is a science fiction open-world RPG set for release sometime within the next 1-2 years, and is being created by the same developers for the Witcher series, CD Projekt Red. The Head Writer for the game, however, has recently left the development studio, in favour of working for Blizzard, a subsidiary of ActiVision. What does this mean for Cyberpunk 2077? Likely not much, as the main game is already largely completed, with developers putting the final touches on the game before its eventual release.
- Many of our Patrons hold nostalgic love for the classic Fallout games, with Fallout 2 being an especially well-loved, pop-culture-centric entry into the series. A team of modders have recently decided to undertake the recreation of the entirety of Fallout 2 within the Fallout 4 engine, dubbed Project Arroyo. Interested? Follow the link where the team is seeking out like-minded modders to help bring their vision to life!
Image of the Week
A work of art from the mind of donmalo over at DeviantArt, this piece showcases a lone waste-walker, locating a lost piece of technology. What is its purpose? What link does it have to the past, when the world was still whole?