|Features around the Moose:
Tactical Atomic Panda's Challenge of the week!
The current weekly challenge is the Editing I challenge, in which our Patrons will be challenged to make 50 quality edits to any articles of their choosing. Upon completion of this challenge, please alert us in the comments section below, and we will check your edits before awarding you with your shiny new credits.
- 250 edits upon completion
- Bonus: An additional 100 credits if a quality article in need is created
Interested in joining the wider SNM community? Look no further, fellow Patrons.
The SNM provides its very own Twitter account, for those Patrons interested in keeping in touch with us, and exchanging news that may or may not necessarily make it onto the Sentinel. Give us a Tweet sometime!
Hello fellow Patrons, and welcome to this week's edition of the Strategic Nuclear Moose (SNM) Sentinel, a Nukapedia Wiki News Digest (WND).
The SNM sentinel will be releasing every Friday from this day onward, and will be covering everything from wiki-related news, geek culture, and community content established to help incentivize our incredibly hard working and devout editors, who certainly deserve a bit of recognition for their parts in improving and expanding this wiki and the community behind it.
For those that were not around during the Sentinel's origin days, the concept is a community driven one, affording opportunities for our fellow Patrons to contribute towards each edition. Interested in getting to know the community behind the SNM? Feel free to not only join us on our personal Discord here, but also the overall Nukapedia Discord here.
It may be noticed that our Features around the Moose section is rather bare for the mean-time - Got a mod/game review you want to showcase? How about your Twitch channel, or any other creative feature you think the community will enjoy? The SNM is looking for our more community-oriented Patrons, and we're always happy to bring new content creators onboard! Just let us know in the comment's section if you have an idea you'd like to bring to life, and we'll do our best to help you achieve your dreams.
As a final note for this week, our Patrons may notice that certain content found within each Sentinel edition, will offer credits for participants. These credits can be earned now, but their use will be expanded upon in next week's edition, and will eventually be used to earn vanity content, and unlock perks for other SNM-related community events. Want to earn credits? Make sure to comment in the comment's section below once you have hit the necessary requirements!
- Local wiki blog-meister Leea brings the citizens of Nukapedia their Saturday polls, so make sure to check out their latest edition and show some love and support!
- Another local blog-meister by the name of NomadicNom brings Nukapedia's loyal citizens their Friday polls, so save some love and support for their latest edition as well.
- For those of you /d users, I'll assume y'all are already fairly aware of the distinguished The Courier NCR for life. Whether ya are or not, though, make sure to give his rights request a good looking-over, as they are officially running for the Discussions Moderator position!
- Don't know DistustingWastelander? Well, you all should, because he just recently became our newest bureaucrat! Make sure to stop by and say hi to him, and remember that our volunteer rights holders are people, too.
- Wikia will soon begin migrating their .wikia domains over to FANDOM.com, and these changes will be affecting Nukapedia as well - keep yourself updated by reading their help page on the matter.
- Outer Worlds is a new I.P. being developed by Obsidian, the creators of our very own, and beloved Fallout: New Vegas. A space-faring RPG with a focus on exploration and character development, all of the information we currently know about can be found here, while their Twitter account consistently posts updates for those interested enough in following their every step.
- Fallout: Vault 76 has been mired with issues since its Beta release, and the latest controversy involves a string of players cheating their way through the open-world MP experience by finding their way into the developer testing room cell, which has allowed them access to items not normally obtained through the vanilla game experience, including test weapons that can essentially insta-kill anything in their path. Bethesda has released a PSA, concerning details regarding the banning of players who take advantage of developer room content.
- Speaking of V:76, Bethesda releases periodic news updates regarding the game's current direction, known as Inside the Vault. Always worth a read if our Patrons are looking for insight into the game's continued development.
Image of the Week
A breath-taking depiction of a wastelander stumbling across a Vault, lost in the hardened sands of the post-apocalyptic wastes. This art brings up perfect imagery of the stark mystique that the Fallout universe offers up. We are very interested in learning who the artist is, so if our Patrons have information regarding their identity, please let us know in the comment's section!