Welcome to the Nukapedia News Digest.
In your edition this week
- This week's pictures have been selected by Onion Rings.
Our new uniform
- We're voting on our approach to pages about countries here.
- And For NCR is facing a reconfirmation vote due to inactivity.
Fallout 4 at Quakecon
- We have a confirmed location - a museum. We are shown a painting in the museum.
- Codsworth (a Mr. Handy that serves as a companion) is shown addressing the player character as anything from "Shaun" to "Fuckface."
- The head level designer for FO4, River, has a dog that was used to create the model for Dogmeat in Fallout 4.
- The Sole Survivor is shown shooting a minigun from an airship's side. Now we know aerial combat is not limited to the classic Vertibirds.
- It is confirmed that Preston Garvey may serve as a possible permanent companion, should he be accepted by the player.
- An NPC named Piper can be found at Diamond City as an alternative to Preston. By default, she is seen wearing a red, leather jacket and a newsboy hat.
- Including the aforementioned possible companions, there are "around a dozen available companions" in total.
- The Pip-Boy has been expanded to show more information than in previous games.
- Several items have been confirmed: nukes, gas masks, books, and med-packs.
- The PC may become over-encumbered. The PC is killed by a raider since he could not escape.
- 1 perk per level (unlike in Fallout: New Vegas)
- Bloody Mess is back!
- The PC travels into the town of Lexington, MA. Ghouls have swarmed into the town, causing its inhabitants to flee. The PC is told that a group is currently residing in Lexington.
- The PC finds a Super-Duper Mart and sends the dog to search it. The player then proceeds to hack a computer.
- Another confirmed location - a Corvega power plant.
- A melee weapon is being used. It is metal with edges of razors.
- The Brotherhood of Steel appear, dropped off by an airship and clad in power armor. They are seen to be fighting with the PC (at least for now).
- The Fat Man is back!
- An enormous "behemoth" mutant is shown. The PC kills it using the Fat Man (with VATS).
We can now add to this list the following:
- 12 Companions will be available. One at a time.
- Skills are confirmed to be gone
- Each base SPECIAL stat has 10 perks, for a total of 70. Many of these have ranks, for a total of 275 choices.
- Your SPECIAL determines when certain perks become available - Dumping 10 into a stat will unlock high level perks for that stat early.
- Diamond City IS Fenway park
- Codsworth can say almost any name you can think of, including “Mr Fuckface” and “Mr Boobies”… What on earth are you guys thinking?
- Motion Capture technology has been used to improve the animation. Hopefully they’ll be no more horror-movie head spins…
- Romance is in the game. Although the International Business Times of India speculated this might mean robot love, VG24/7 says no. This will apparently be gender blind, perhaps responding to some criticism about the “Forced Straight” starting.
- Radiation now lowers your max health, like in Fallout Shelter.
If you failed to get yourself a pip boy edition… Well don’t fear, you can also get this new “Nuke Pack”
If the lunchbox and Bobblehead look familiar, they should be. They were in the collectors bundle of Fallout 3 in territories where the Pip Boy alarm clock wasn’t available.
In New Zealand you can also get this:
I'll keep my Pip Boy Edition thanks. The Dolls are available seperately in other territories.
Shelter is getting an upgrade
Not only can we expect to see Fallout Shelter for Android in August, but iPhone users can expect an upgrade. New Units, including Deathclaws, will start to attack your vault. Personally, I found Shelter kinda petered out after I maxed out the population, but maybe this will help breathe a new lease of life to it.
If you're tired of tapping things, they're adding a Mr Handy to handle that for you. Sweet.