|Features around the Moose:
Tactical Atomic Panda's Challenge of the week!
The current weekly challenge is the Editing I challenge, in which our Patrons will be challenged to make 50 quality edits to any articles of their choosing. Upon completion of this challenge, please alert us in the comments section below, and we will check your edits before awarding you with your shiny new credits.
- 250 credits upon completion
- Bonus: An additional 100 credits if a quality article in need is created
Interested in joining the wider SNM community? Look no further, fellow Patrons.
The SNM provides its very own Twitter account, for those Patrons interested in keeping in touch with us, and exchanging news that may or may not necessarily make it onto the Sentinel. Give us a Tweet sometime!
Enjoying the Sentinel? Our Patrons have the opportunity to sign up for our newsletter here, which will keep you all updated on our new releases, as well as providing a few additional perks.
Bank of the SNM
The bank is now open, securing any and all SNM-related currencies earned by our Patrons. The bank is also where our virtual shop is located, so check in as new stock is continually released!
Make sure to welcome our newest content creator, The Dyre Wolf, who brings us his unique brand of mod-reviews, found at the Patrons' Lounge!
Dyre is also the host of Trending Today, so give his blogs a visit.
The Proving Grounds are where our Patrons can gather to cheer on their favourite contestants, and determine who makes it out of the Skuz Pitt in one piece. Maybe.
The Proving Grounds also provides a training ground for newer users, with a mentorship program in place to see them through their trials.
While the SNM loves to provide its own content for the community enjoy, our main drive is to get the community involved and inspired! Got an idea that you'd like the SNM to host? Why not head over to the Patrons' Lounge, and get to know your fellow content creators?
Hello fellow Patrons, and welcome to this week's edition of the Strategic Nuclear Moose (SNM) Sentinel, a Nukapedia Wiki News Digest (WND).
The SNM sentinel is a consistent Friday release, and will be covering everything from wiki-related news, geek culture, and community content established to help incentivize our incredibly hard working and devout editors, who certainly deserve a bit of recognition for their parts in improving and expanding this wiki and the community behind it.
For those that were not around during the Sentinel's origin days, the concept is a community driven one, affording opportunities for our fellow Patrons to contribute towards each edition. Interested in getting to know the community behind the SNM? Feel free to not only join us on our personal Discord here, but also the overall Nukapedia Discord here.
- We now offer a newsletter iteration of the Sentinel for our Patrons to enjoy! Interested? Feel free to sign-up here, and reap the perks.
- The Patrons' Lounge is now open, and will be updating every Monday. If you want to have your content hosted by the SNM, or if you want to check out second-party SNM content, then this is the blog to visit!
- The Salt Lake City fan-fic, written by our fellow content creator Denis, has been updated! You can either check it out here, or wait for the next Patrons' Lounge release this coming-up Monday.
- Interested in trivia night? Our Discord server hosts a trivia night with pre-set topics every Tuesday, and every Saturday. Anyone may request an available slot, and our polls can be used to determine popular topic ideas. Winners get Discord-related prizes, and it's a good bit of competition between your fellow Patrons, so we hope so see even more show up!
- A project currently in dire need of additional helpers, is the Behind the Scenes Speculation Project, which is seeking to both help verify and/or remove dubious information found across the wiki's article-space. Remember that once completed, all participants will receive an official Nukapedia badge of recognition to showcase on their profile, so get to work!
- /d users will already be familiar with the Trending Today community feature, detailing events around the Discussions section of Nukapedia. TT is now making an appearance on the wiki itself, providing an archive of all prior and current releases! Make sure to check em out and show your support.
- Last week, the SNM helped introduce a new user on the scene, Extrinitus, who wrote the blogs The News After the Nuke. and its 2nd edition.
- It appears that Extrinitus has decided to write mod reviews as well, so make sure to check out his first review!
- TheLaatSurvivor is the newest wiki user running for Discussion Moderator right! His vote is still currently ongoing, and needs your feedback!
- Nintendo of America’s Reggie Fils-Aime has retired, officially leaving on April 15th with Doug Bowser being named the newest president of the company.
What does this mean for the company? Fils-Aime was with the company for a staggering 15 years, leaving big shoes for Bowser to fill, and an even bigger name to live up to within the company and to its fan-base.
- The Playstation consoles have always had issues with their extensive multiplayer network, which has been a constant source of frustration among its players. In an interview between Business Insider and Chairman Shawn Layden, some of these concerns were brought up and somewhat addressed.
One of Layden's biggest reported regrets, was the lack of big-title multiplayer games, such as as Call of Duty, and Grand Theft Auto, while Sony finds itself lacking expertise in the field. Will the PS5 fix some of these concerns, and begin to bridge the gap? Only time will tell.
- According to Variety and The Information, Google is looking to get into the games subscription service, that will allegedly work through Google's Chromecast, or through their own personal console.
- Google has already tested the waters before back in 2018 with its Project Stream, and seeing the overwhelming positive reviews, it will only make sense for Google to push the envelope even further.
- The E-Sports scene is still a relatively new one, a reality that is especially prevalent when it comes to equality, or the lack of equality, found throughout the segregated tournaments for most big-titled games such as Overwatch and League of Legends.
- A recent controversy regarding Overwatch has helped bring to light some of the issues faced with joining the E-Sports scene as a woman in particular, all encompassed around a professional Overwatch player under the moniker 'Ellie', who was allegedly the first female player to joined the all-boy professional team in the Overwatch Contendors series of tournaments. In a statement provided by Blizzard, it has been confirmed that 'Ellie' is really a male pro player under the moniker 'Punisher', who fessed up to the deception by stating that the entire ruse was a social experiment.
- DOOM Eternal composer Mick Gordon recently put out the call for those willing to join a choir consisting exclusively of "Heavy Metal screamers."
- The call was ended early due to the overwhelming amount of people interested, but the video still remains up for those interested in checking it out.
Image of the Week
A work of art from the mind of rossdraws over at DeviantArt, portraying a decrepit relay still functioning on a long-ago abandoned moon.
Videos of the Week