My Favourite SongsEdit
Go check out the Fox Boogie page!
Jazzy InterludeEditCheck this out too, is one of my favourites.
Why don't you do rightEdit
Further on up the roadEdit
Ghost riders in the skyEdit
Hallo Mister XEdit
- (preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 3-4 egg whites (at room temperature) cocoa
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 8 oz dark chocolate (bittersweet or semi-sweet)
- 1 cup superfine sugar*
Beat the eggs and tartar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the sugar a little at a time while continuing to beat, until all the sugar is in and the mixture is glossy and stiff.
Using a piping bag with a no. 8 tip, pipe out an equal number of caps and stems onto an ungreased non-stick cookie sheet. The caps should be about the diameter of a quarter, and the stems should be about an inch high and the diameter of a soda straw.
Sprinkle cocoa over the caps and stems, and then blow on them to spread out the cocoa more evenly. You may want to do this outside, as cocoa goes everywhere. Bake for 2 hours at 200 degrees.
Carefully remove the caps and stems from the cookie sheet. With a dull knife, snip the top of each stem so it has a flat top surface.
Melt the chocolate (in a double boiler or microwave). Spread the chocolate on the base of each cap with a butter knife or spatula, and use it to glue a stem in place. Put the assembled mushrooms in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to harden the chocolate, then put them in an airtight container. Makes 3-4 dozen.
- (Increase or reduce ingredient portions to taste)
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef 6 oz. tortilla chips
(turkey may be substituted)
- 1 firm tomato
- 1/2 head of iceberg lettuce, cut 1 16oz. bottle of Catalina
- 3 oz. pinto beans dressing
- 6 oz. sliced olives 1 avocado (optional)
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese
- Brown the meat, drain.
In large bowl, mix lettuce, beans, and olives. Crush chips and add. Cut tomato into small chunks and add to bowl. Shred cheese and add. Slice avocado and add. Add meat. Toss with dressing. Serve.
- Makes 4-6 portions.
- superfine sugar is NOT confectioner's sugar or 10X sugar. If you cannot find superfine sugar, it's easy to make. Just put granulated sugar in a blender or food processor, and blend for 1 minute.
- From: The Wasteland Survival Guide.