Doctor Usanagi is a graduate of the Followers of the Apocalypse run Angel's Boneyard Medical University in the NCR. A fully qualified physician, she joined the group as she believed in their values and ideas and is currently working in the non-profit New Vegas clinic, trying to improve the lot of the Freeside locals and squatters alike. She is a versatile and selfless doctor, trained in multiple disciplines, including surgery and psychiatry. Doctor Usanagi is capable of treating any common illness or injury for a fee; the proceeds of which also help to fund the Followers' primary mission in the Mojave Wasteland. Her clinic is entirely non-profit with most of the expenses of the clinic, including supplies, medical equipment, and security, funded by charity donations.
Aside from providing healthcare or medical supplies, Dr. Usanagi is also trained to ovesee cybernetic surgery performed by an Auto-Doc. Despite the humble abode her practice is based out of, the clinic offers an unmatched array of implants at steep prices (but offers discounts to those in real need of an implant). She also teaches training classes for medical students, having set up a classroom in her clinic where lessons are held regularly.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is a doctor.|
|This character installs implants.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 1200 to 2400|
Sells: implants, chems, RadAway, Rad-X, stimpaks
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- I Don't Hurt Anymore: The Courier is asked to visit Usanagi and tell her that Betsy will be coming in for help soon.
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger: Usanagi is the only person in the Mojave Wasteland that is skilled enough to install implants to augment physical and mental abilities.
- The player can donate 500 caps to the Followers' cause, gaining fame with them.
- If the Courier has Intelligence of 3 or below, Usanagi will give them a discount on the Intelligence Implant out of pity. This relates to unmodified base S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Intelligence, so temporarily lowering Intelligence by chems does not count, but gives the special dialogue options ("You sell plants?") with no other effect.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- If the Courier is a friend to the Followers of the Apocalypse, she will discount the cost of her supplies, but implant prices remain fixed.
- She will also pay full value for items in the Courier's inventory if they're a friend to Followers of the Apocalypse, although she only carries 2400 caps.
- If the player requests an implant for a S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attribute that is already at 10, Usanagi has unique dialogue marveling at the player's capabilities:
- Strength: "You're already the strongest person I've ever met. The implant won't do anything more for you."
- Perception: "Your eyesight would make a hawk jealous. The Optic Enhancer implant won't do anything more for you."
- Endurance: "Your cardiovascular system is practically super-human. The Nociception Regulator won't boost it any further."
- Charisma: "You're already quite charming. The Empathy Synthesizer would just be a waste of caps, I'm afraid."
- Intelligence: "Your higher brain functions are off the charts. The implant won't help at all – sorry."
- Agility: "Your reaction times are already so fast it's a wonder you can't catch bullets. The Reflex Booster can't make you any faster."
- Luck: "Huh. I've never seen a coin toss go someone's way that many times. You certainly don't need the help of a Probability Calculator implant. In fact, you ought to be on the Strip cleaning out the casinos."
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Followers doctor coat|
- Caps paid for implants will not go into Doctor Usanagi's inventory for bartering purposes.
- She shares the same, but female, model as the Followers medical student.
- "Welcome to the New Vegas Medical Clinic. I'm a fully qualified physician and can fix whatever is wrong with you for a reasonable fee."
- "We believe that technology for basic necessities, like food, water, and medicine, should be shared, not hoarded. We're also strongly in favor of proper education. I've come across more than a few "doctors" whose techniques came out of the back of a magazine."
- "I have reserved a small part of my supplies for sale. The profits go directly to the purchase of additional supplies to help the less fortunate."
Doctor Usanagi appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- PC Xbox 360 Although Usanagi will ask for donations to the Followers of Apocalypse, a buggy script checks her inventory instead of the player character's for the required caps, thus preventing donations from being made. [verified]
- On PC, this can be fixed with a mod..
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Sometimes the dialogue option to ask Doctor Usanagi to heal the player character will disappear entirely, rendering it impossible to regain health or heal crippled limbs by her. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Rarely, she may sink into the floor, only surfacing when asked certain things (one can talk to her while she is under) such as asking to be healed or browsing her inventory, and after exiting dialogue she will sink into the floor. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Though Doctor DoctorUsanagi.txt|Usanagi's dialogue option to cure the Courier's addictions is set up to remove 50 caps in exchange for services, it does not check to ensure the player character has at least 50 caps before becoming visible. This means Doctor Usanagi can cure the player character's addictions even if they do not have enough caps, though at the cost of what few caps - if any - the player character has. [verified]
- PC Xbox 360 Sometimes Doctor DoctorUsanagi.txt|Usanagi's dialogue option to raise Intelligence will not show up. This may be resolved by ending the conversation and taking an Intelligence draining item such as whiskey or beer, then enter dialogue again with Doctor Usanagi, when entering the "I want to buy an implant." dialogue the Intelligence option will be back. [verified]
- ↑ The Courier: "Are you one of the Followers of the Apocalypse?"
Usanagi: "Yes, I am. I received my medical training at the Angel's Boneyard Medical University back in the NCR. It's not a requirement to be a Follower to enter the university, but I believe in what they do, so I joined them."
- ↑ The Courier: "Corporal Betsy from First Recon will be coming to you for mental treatment."
Usanagi: "Mental trauma can be just as debilitating as physical injuries. Fortunately, I'm well-qualified in such treatment. I'll make time in my schedule. I'm assuming you're referring to mental trauma. I'll make time in my schedule."
- ↑ The Courier: "Tell me about the clinic."
Usanagi: "Everything you see is funded by the Followers of the Apocalypse. We rely a lot on charity to provide low-cost medical services to the less fortunate."
- ↑ Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.306-307: "[2.10] New Vegas Medical Clinic
Doctor Usanagi's Waiting Room
Run by the selfless Doctor Usanagi, the clinic offers a reasonable array of medical supplies and an unmatched array of Implants. Pass the bodyguards to speak to Doctor Usanagi herself. You can speak about her role or (if you're engaged in a Quest) another matter, but you can make a 500 Cap donation to the Followers (for a Fame gain), and also purchase medical supplies and the Skill Magazines on the tables around the waiting room. You can also steal these, which causes Follower Infamy and everyone becomes hostile. Also, if you're ready for computerized enhancements of a more robotics kind, why not begin Free Quest: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger?"
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)