An installation comprised of several satellite dishes and an intel room. Before the war, the location was undergoing equipment upgrades as well as pest fumigation. The station received a high volume of signal intercept traffic, requiring intel officers to be on-site daily. Access to the intel room was restricted to intel officers, analysts, and senior officers, where violators were subject to Court Martial. After the war, a group of raiders led by Ack-Ack moved into the facility to loot it.
The surface of the installation consists of two wooden shacks, with minimal furniture, loot, and a satellite dish. There is also an elevated room containing a footlocker, a table, and other random objects. In the mole rat nest just outside the fence to the east, one of the mole rats usually has mines attached to it, capable of dealing substantial damage if it gets close. This mole rat makes ticking time bomb noises (like super mutant suiciders). The mole rats are close enough to the installation that they frequently enter to engage the raiders.
The concrete main building contains an armor workbench and the entrance to the much larger subterranean level of the installation. The installation is home to a group of six raiders led by the minigun-wielding Ack-Ack and contains a significant amount of loot.
- U.S. Covert Operations Manual issue #10 - In the intel room, on the table. If it is not taken before the zone resets after the location is cleared it will disappear.
- Mini nuke - In the intel room, on the table.
- Fusion core - In the basement. In the generator in the center room with the catwalks.
- The locket for the quest Returning the Favor is in a toolbox in the basement.
- An incomplete leveled set of power armor can be found near a crashed vertibird to the northwest.
- The intel room key in the basement behind a locked door, in the instrument case. Opens the security gate.
- Overdue book - In the basement on top of a table near Ack-Ack.
- Vault-Tec lunchbox - In the basement on top of a cabinet near Ack-Ack.
- Learning Curve: After speaking with Proctor Quinlan, the Sole Survivor can agree to escort a Brotherhood scribe on a research patrol. They will travel together to acquire data and return it to the Prydwen to further the Brotherhood's aims.
- Stop the Raiding: The Sole Survivor becomes aware of a group of settlers being terrorized by nearby raiders and can offer to help.
- Returning the Favor: Blake Abernathy asks the Sole Survivor to help retrieve his late daughter's locket from the raiders that murdered her, who have holed up at the station.
- Raider Troubles: A group of settlers is struggling to defend themselves against a nearby group of raiders and asks the Sole Survivor for help.
- To the Mattresses: The synth-hating L&L Gang is a major threat to the Railroad. Desdemona has a lead on them and asks the Sole Survivor to help neutralize their members.
- The Quantum Stag
The USAF Satellite Station Olivia appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
- USAF Satellite Station Olivia terminal entries; Daily Briefing
- USAF Satellite Station Olivia terminal entries; Open Intel Room
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 260: "[1.06] USAF SATELLITE STATION OLIVIA
Raiders are looting this inactive communications satellite station. Mount an attack on the exterior; the bunker has an Armor Workbench and an entrance inside. The dish gantry has some ammo to pilfer."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Early concept map