| ||For an overview of this magazine in the Fallout series, see U.S. Covert Operations Manual.|
Each magazine gives a rank of the Covert Operations perk which makes one more difficult to detect while sneaking.
|Editor ID||Issue||Location||Location Description||Base ID|
|FH 5-01, Whistling in the Dark||Lexington: The Switchboard||On the desk by the terminal in the executive office above the open office and double stairwell area.||0008e737|
|02||FH 5-02, Urban Camouflage||USS Constitution||Ship interior, on a corner table inside the captain's cabin.||0008e738|
|03||FH 5-03, Facepaint Fundamentals||Federal ration stockpile||On the main table in front of the sofa, in Red Tourette’s base, southeast tunnels near exit to Lonely Chapel.||0008e739|
|04||FH 5-04, Not the Soldiers You're Looking For||Abandoned shack (Federal surveillance center K-21B)||In the federal surveillance center, deepest area, on the light blue metal computer bank, near the steamer trunk and terminal.||0008e73a|
|05||FH 5-05, Who Goes There?||Fort Strong armory||On the desk of General Brock, southwest corner of the ground floor.||0008e73b|
|06||FH 5-06, Squeaky Floorboard, Sudden Death||Fort Hagen Command Center||On the side table of the bedroom and kitchenette room, just east of the armory. The room can't be reached until the Reunions quest becomes active.||0008e73c|
|07||FH 5-07, Bushes, Boxes, and Beehives Camouflage Special||Libertalia||By the red chair and oil lamp on an exposed outlook on the main shanty ship, on the last level before the entrance to the captain's cabin, same level as the white metal cabin.||0008e73e|
|08||FH 5-08, Getting the Drop on Communists||National Guard training yard||On a table in the cafeteria of the barracks, near a cooler (northwest, ground floor).||0008e73d|
|09||FH 5-09, Look Better in Black||Revere satellite array||In the shanty hut atop the central satellite support (without the dish).||0008e73f|
|10||FH 5-10, Tiptoe Through the Tulips||USAF Satellite Station Olivia||Inside the computer room (intel room) near the entrance unlocked by terminal (southeast interior) or with key found in last room on lower level in steamer trunk, on the desk with the mini nuke.||0008e740|
All of the manuals seem to have an error on the bottom text, reading "Department The Army." It should read, judging by the Department of the Army logo used above, "Department Of The Army."
Behind the scenesEdit
The entire collection of manuals may be based on the "Department of the Army Field Manual."
- "Whistling in the Dark" is a common idiom meaning "to put on a brave front."
- "Not the Soldiers You're Looking For" is a reference to Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, where Obi-Wan Kenobi says "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
- "Who Goes There?" is the name of a science fiction novella by John W. Campbell, Jr., written in 1938 and made into several films, the best known of which is John Carpenter's The Thing (1982).
- "Squeaky Floorboard, Sudden Death" appears to be a Splinter Cell reference, in particular to the third game in the series, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
- "Bushes, Boxes and Beehives Camouflage Special" could be a reference to the Metal Gear Solid game series, of which hiding in a cardboard box is a signature, and where Snake may hide behind bushes, under boxes and use beehives as a method of distraction.
- "Look Better in Black" is possibly a reference to a quote from City of Bones, part of the Mortal Instruments series of novels. The quote is as follows: "It means 'Shadowhunters: Looking Better in Black Than the Widows of our Enemies Since 1234'."
- "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" is a reference to the song Tiptoe Through The Tulips by Nick Lucas, from Gold Diggers of Broadway.
PC Playstation 4 Xbox One The world graphic of issue #7 matches the inventory graphic of #8 and vice versa.[verified]