Once a fully-functional water treatment facility on the shores of the Tygart Valley River, the nuclear war made it a lucrative target for the raiders that formed in Appalachia. Fortified, protected, and easy to defend, it was turned into a slaving hub, with captives kept in emptied water treatment vats. The raiders proved to be poor keepers, unable to produce pure water and dysentery taking its toll.
Coupled with natural deterioration, the plant was in a terrible state by the time Responders took control to use the plant for purifying water and researching the Scorched plague. In the words of Sanjay Kumar, the place looked like it was ran by animals.
The derelict water plant is located on the southern side of the river and is a compact location. The primary sedimentation tanks to the southwest have a cooking station and an armor workbench on opposite sides, with the steamer trunk next to the northern edge. The derelict clarifiers next to the control center have junk and minor loot. To open the doors, players need to enter the control hut overlooking the stream and use the terminal inside. Access can be gained by entering through the drainage pipe that discharged the treated water, on the northwest side.
- Message for Jeff - Holotape, on the floor of a trailer; begins the daily quest Ecological Balance.
- Sanjay's report - Holotape, inside the pipe used to enter the plant on the north side.
- Potential Vault-Tec bobblehead - On a crate, in the southeastern corner, near a mattress within the enclosed raider camp.
- Potential magazine - Found on a table in the northeast corner of the fenced in structure atop the water tanks, next to a radio.
- Potential armor plan - Inside the enclosed raider camp, to the right of an armor workbench.
- Potential recipe - Inside the enclosed raider camp, on a small metal shelf, to the left of a cooking stove.
- Potential armor mod - Inside the enclosed raider camp, on a small metal table below the northern guard tower.
Tygart water treatment appears only in Fallout 76.