Once a fully-functional water treatment facility on the shores of the Tygart Valley River, the Great War allowed raiders to take up residence in the plant. After establishing defenses, the raiders used the water treatment vats to store slaves. However, the raiders proved to be unable to produce pure water and dysentery took its toll on the raiders.
Coupled with natural deterioration, the plant was in a terrible state by the time Responders took control to use the plant for purifying water and researching the Scorched plague. In the words of Sanjay Kumar, the place looked like it was run by animals. The fate of the raiders who previously occupied it is unclear.
The derelict water plant is located on the southern side of the river and is a compact location. On the fenced-in top portion of the water tanks, there is a cooking station and an armor workbench, with the steamer trunk next to the northern edge. The derelict clarifiers next to the control center contain junk and minor loot.
To open the doors, player characters need to enter the control hut overlooking the stream and use the terminal inside. Access can be gained by entering through the drainage pipe that discharged the treated water on the northwest side. Surrounding the building are several wood piles and logs. There is a trailer located here, where the message for Jeff holotape is found, as well as a computer terminal and tinker's workbench.
- Message for Jeff - Holotape, on the floor of a trailer. It begins the daily quest Ecological Balance.
- Sanjay's report - Holotape, inside the pipe used to enter the plant on the north side.
- Potential Vault-Tec bobblehead - In the southeastern corner, near a mattress within the enclosed raider camp, on a crate.
- Potential magazine - In the northeast corner of the fenced structure atop the water tanks, on a table, next to a radio.
- Potential armor plan - Inside the enclosed raider camp, to the right of an armor workbench.
- Potential armor mod - Inside the enclosed raider camp, on a small metal table below the northern guard tower.
- Potential recipe - Inside the enclosed raider camp, on a small metal shelf, to the left of a cooking stove.
Tygart water treatment appears only in Fallout 76.
- Sign at the facility's entrance
- Tygart water treatment terminal entries; Tygart water treatment control terminal, Please Read!
- Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p. 323: "55. TYGART WATER TREATMENT
This compact and excellent defensive location features a river to the west and a high barbed-wire fence surrounding the facility. Most of the fencing is still intact, and getting into the plant's vat walkways can be tough, as the control hut's doors are locked from the inside. Either jump from the Raider-built platform, across the top of the barbed-wire fence near the blown-out wall terminal and sandbags, or head in via the lower drainage pipe by the river. Once inside the control hut, use the interior wall terminal to open all doors."
(Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Atlas of Appalachia)
- Sanjay's report