| ||For an overview of turpentine appearing in the Fallout series of games, see Turpentine.|
Turpentine is a flammable liquid distilled from pine resin, used as a solvent. In Fallout: New Vegas, turpentine is used to craft turbo and is used to tan gecko hides, including golden, green and fire gecko hides. It is also used to craft "potent" and "lethal" varieties of the Cloud Kiss poison in Dead Money and to make dark datura in the Honest Hearts add-on.
- Turpentine is occasionally sold by merchants throughout the Mojave Wasteland, including traveling merchants.
- Boulder City - Two can be found just left of the Big Horn Saloon entrance.
- Brewer's beer bootlegging - One can be found in the cellar, in an Average locked explosives crate.
- Camp Forlorn Hope - Seven can be stolen from a shelf in the back of the command center to the left of the cinder blocks.
- Cerulean Robotics - One can be found in the second room near the doors in between two metal boxes.
- Gibson's shack - Two can be found on the floor behind the computer terminal.
- Gibson scrap yard - Two can be stolen from inside the garage area on a shelf and three can be found in a dumpster in the northeastern corner of the scrapyard.
- Six in the Gomorrah suites.
- Goodsprings - One can be stolen from the locked red shack attached to the back of the Prospector Saloon, and one is found on the shelf in the Goodsprings gas station.
- Harper's shack - Three can be found on one of the shelves from across the entrance.
- Lucky Jim mine - Three bottles can be found just left on the shelf after entering the shack.
- Michael Angelo's workshop - Two bottles can be stolen from the workbench.
- Mojave Outpost - Four bottles can be stolen from a shelf in the back of the headquarters building.
- NCR Embassy - Two bottles can be stolen from a bottom shelf in a storage room.
- Nellis Air Force Base - 11 bottles in the hangar with the plane, four on the south wall by the locker, and file cabinets on the bottom shelf. Two inside of a box that contains three wrenches, and two hidden behind that same box that must be moved to reach them. Four more are on the north wall, on a shelf that is an exact duplicate to the one on the south wall, with the four bottles being in exactly the same positions, two in a crate, and two behind it. another two are found on a table to the northeast of the plane, and another one is found on a table slightly south of the plane. Must be stolen. Six more can be stolen from the shelving units in the mess hall & munitions storage.
- Novac - In Bruce Isaac's room, two bottles can be found. One is in a toolbox and one is on the floor at the foot of the bed.
- Powder Ganger camp east - Two can be found around the fridge.
- Four in the REPCONN headquarters, on the second floor.
- REPCONN test site - 11 in the basement and 11 in the facility.
- Searchlight North gold mine - Three on a standing shelf.
- Silver Peak mine - Three on a shelf against the back wall.
- Sloan - Three bottles can be stolen from the machine shop.
- Southern Nevada Wind Farm - Three bottles in the maintenance shack.
- Six in the train tunnel.
- Zapp's Neon Signs - Three can be found in the foreman's office.
- Magnetohydraulics complex - Found in a tool cabinet in the water.
Turpentine is an ingredient necessary to craft the following items: