| ||For the similar boats in the Commonwealth and Appalachia, see towboat.|
A tugboat is a type of large boat.
This type of boat was used by people before the Great War, generally in a commercial capacity. A tugboat is a type of vessel that maneuvers other vessels by pushing or pulling them either by direct contact or by means of a tow line.
Tugboats typically move vessels that either are restricted in their ability to maneuver on their own. Many tugboats can be found throughout the wastelands of the former United States.
- Tugboats appear frequently in the Tidal Basin, Potomac River, and some small lakes. They can also be found in the Fallout 3 add-on Point Lookout. Many of these wrecked tugboats have loot hidden inside of them, usually in the form of a med-kit or ammunition box.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
- Another tugboat is found in the Colorado River near the Cottonwood Cove docks.
- One is near the pier of Callville Bay.
- One at the bottom of Lake Mead near Boulder Beach campground.
- Dry Wells. One can be found in the water near the entrance to
- collapsed overpass tunnel. A tugboat can be found inside the