The truck is a motor vehicle designed to transport cargo. This particular model and make has been widely used by various organizations in America, including the United States Armed Forces and NW Disposal Systems, along with the Brotherhood of Steel.
It is built in a cab-over-engine arrangement with two large headlights, a fuel-cell-powered engine, and three axles. It was produced as a standardized cutaway chassis, which was then, depending on the need of the buyer, modified. As such, two primary models exist - a semi-trailer truck (often found with the accompanying trailer) and a flatbed truck.
The U.S. Army used a great number of these trucks to transport soldiers and goods over long distances. As Army vehicles, they were painted olive drab and bore a serial number in addition to the Army's insignia and winterized Army trucks seen during the Anchorage Reclamation simulation are white with tinted windows. Private companies also employed this type of vehicle, though most used the truck and trailer model. Flatbeds were used primarily by delivery companies for various purposes, from nuclear waste to uranium pellets.
After the war, these sturdy vehicles continue to be used. While the scarcity of available replacement parts (most importantly tires, windshields, and engine parts) limits their usefulness somewhat, they nonetheless play an important part in the supply systems of various factions. The New California Republic has a dedicated truck repair section in Camp McCarran. The Boomers also have several trucks parked at Nellis Air Force Base.
- Near the Corvega factory.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
- Several at Camp McCarran, around the concourse exterior.
- Several throughout Camp Searchlight.
- Firetrucks can be found outside of the Searchlight fire station.
- Two NW Disposal Systems trucks inside the Searchlight fire station.
- Several trucks are part of a convoy in the El Dorado Dry Lake.
- One is sinking into the earth in Crescent Canyon.
- One has spilled its radioactive contents into the Devil's Throat.
- One military truck outside of Cannibal Johnson's cave.
- Surrounding the Nellis hangars.
- One semi-truck hanging over the cliff at Cottonwood overlook.
- A NW Disposal Systems truck is near Powder Ganger camp west.
- One crashed through the fence near the south cistern.
- One dump truck in Quarry Junction.
- Several semi-trucks on the incline to the Mojave Outpost.
- Several in front of the Sunset Sarsaparilla headquarters.
- One dump truck near the Junction 15 railway station.
- One Sunset Sarsaparilla truck sunk in Lake Mead.
- Tow truck variant found at the Atom Cats garage.
- Several explodable trucks can be found at Pleasant Valley cabins.
- Three explodable trucks can be found at Flatwoods.
- One can be found at Vault-Tec Agricultural Research Center.
- One can be found at Wixon homestead.
- Several can be found at Gilman lumber mill.
- Several can be found throughout Monongah.