|For other characters named Troy, see Troy.|
Doctor Troy is the primary medical specialist of Vault City in 2241, responsible for all medical affairs related to the citizenry and its servants. His office is on the ground floor of Vault 8 and he has an assistant named Phyllis.
Residing on the entrance level of Vault 8 with his assistant, Nurse Phyllis, Troy is a middle aged man wearing a white lab coat. He is one of the best physicians in the wastelands, with access to top notch facilities. As such, the level of care he provides is commonly considered to be the best of the best, including inoculations, vaccinations, cloning replacement organs and body parts, ensuring proper diets for all citizens, and more.
Dr. Troy is also concerned about the problems caused by drugs throughout the wasteland. The emergence of Jet has particularly concerned him, leading him to consider commissioning someone to smuggle a sample of Jet for him to analyze. Eventually, he managed to develop a Jet antidote, breaking the vicious cycle of addiction in New California.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character is a doctor.|
- Deliver a sample of jet to Dr. Troy: Dr. Troy is instrumental in the quests to find a cure for Jet addiction. He will even ask the Chosen One to smuggle in a sample of Jet for him to study.
- Find some endorphin blockers to make a cure for Jet: This quest, as well as the above quest, allows the player character to develop an antidote for Jet.
- The player character can blackmail Dr. Troy by threatening to reveal his smuggling to the First Citizen, receiving $500–$1000 each month. Going to him for treatment afterwards will kill the player character (6999 points of damage as a result of a lethal injection from the Auto-Doc).
- Citizens (only) can also present this information to Joanne Lynette, and she will exile Dr. Troy from Vault City. Phyllis will not speak again if this happens.
- A Chosen One with a Doctor skill of at least 75% can speak with Dr. Troy in a dialogue option to introduce themselves as a fellow physician curious about the much-vaunted Vault City medical methods, leading to the cost-free accrual of the Vault City Training perk. Returning with an active poison or radiation counter level and asking him to cure either will then enable the derivative Vault City Inoculations perk as well.
- Troy can heal if the player character have been made a citizen of Vault City. He will heal the entire party if talking to a Captain of the Guard.
- As Captain of the Guard, the player can bring Marcus to Dr Troy, receiving 20 7.62mm, 40 .44 Magnum JHP and FMJ, 50 5mm JHP, 10 .45 caliber, 24 10mm JHP, 50 .223 FMJ, and 20 9mm Ball after the procedure.
- Unless the player is Captain of the Guard, Troy will become hostile if Marcus or Lenny are in the player character's party.