|For other locations or objects named Trinity, see Trinity.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Standing at thirty stories tall, Trinity Tower was one of Boston's tallest skyscrapers, located on the south side of Trinity Plaza in West Boston. Trinity Tower was devastated by the Great War but remained standing, and has been damaged further by the subsequent two centuries of exposure to the elements.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Large sections of the building are noticeably absent and the tower is infested by mutant hounds and super mutants. Despite this devastation, some computer terminals and elevators still function. Strong and Rex Goodman can be found at the top of the tower, held captive by the super mutants occupying the tower.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Melee bobblehead - found in the cage where Strong and Rex Goodman are being held, at the very top of Trinity Tower.
- Macbeth script - right next to the bobblehead.
- Trinity Tower cell key - In a steamer trunk near the prison cell or by passing a speech check with Rex Goodman. Talking to Goodman first will add finding the key as an optional task.
- Super mutant cowl armor - ground floor, next to the stairs, behind the counter.
- Super mutant waistcloth - from the ground floor go up the stairs and take the elevator up. When it stops exit and immediately make a hard left, dropping down a level into an inactive elevator car. Exit the elevator and look right to find the waistcloth sitting on top of a safe, behind the counter. One will need to pick an Advanced lock or hack a Novice terminal to leave the room.
- Super mutant leg guards - from the waistcloth, follow the hallway and go up the collapsed floor. When reaching the top, stop and turn around 180 degrees. There will be a room with stairs. Go up the stairs and turn left. The leg guards are in the back of this room, sitting on a flipped over the refrigerator.
- Super mutant leg armor - after a second elevator ride, the leg armor will be directly ahead when the elevator doors open, sitting on a counter.
- Super mutant heavy armor - at the top of the tower, look left and it is sitting on the floor.
- Agatha's dress or Reginald's suit - reward from the quest Curtain Call, depending on the player character's gender.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There is a weapons workbench at the top where Strong and Rex Goodman are held.
- Upon fighting their way up the tower for the first time, the super mutant leader, Fist, will be heard shouting over the speakers, complimenting the Sole Survivor and saying the super mutants they just fought were the weakest of the group.
- Trinity Tower is the tallest building in Fallout 4.
- Sometimes upon entering the topmost area, Fist will be dead. This is most likely caused by a Vertibird killing him.
- The room that Rex and Strong are held in does not have a radio in it despite Rex saying they left one in there.
- It is possible to land a vertibird on the roof of Trinity Tower and free Rex and Strong immediately, but the player would be faced with several super mutants (including Fist) before landing.
- Doing so will result in the characters being non-interactable until you follow Strong down to the first floor, where the second last quest stage will complete.
- A member of the Brotherhood of Steel tried to jump off Trinity Tower, hoping to break the record for highest jump made in a suit of power armor. Unfortunately, he was caught and suspended from his power armor.
Companion comments[edit | edit source]
- When at this location companions make comments, which are activated at two locations: the street entrance and on the roof, by the weapons workbench.
|Curie||Street entrance||"Oh, look. It is so tall."|
|Roof||"The Commonwealth almost looks healthy from up here."|
|Deacon||Street entrance||"I can't believe so many skyscrapers are still standing."|
|Roof||"All right. You got me up here. Let's go down. Now."|
|John Hancock||Street entrance||""|
|Robert MacCready||Street entrance||""|
|Nick Valentine||Street entrance||""|
|Piper Wright||Street entrance||""|
|Preston Garvey||Street entrance||""|
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Playstation 4 If the companion fails to enter the second elevator on the way down, they may get stuck in the path between the two elevators. If the player character accepts Strong into their party at the foot of the tower, the companion will not be able to return to the settlement they're sent to but will stay stuck on that path. To fix that, the player character has to manually retrieve the companion from that spot. (Any companions should be dismissed at the foot of the tower or the problem will be repeated.) [verified]
- To avoid that bug, the player character should make sure that the companion is actually on the elevator.
- Playstation 4 Xbox One The safe located in the southeast end on the middle level specifies that it is an Expert lock, but may actually require a higher lockpicking skill.[verified]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Nick Valentine: "Trinity Tower. Thirty stories of Super Mutants."
(Nick Valentine's dialogue)
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide pp. 450-451: "ZONE 11: NEIGHBORHOOD: BACK BAY
Back Bay was once known for its numerous brownstones of architectural significance. It is now dominated by the Trinity Tower skyscraper, an immense building constructed close to the old church and public library. Now the streets and alleyways are home to roving bands of Raiders, ferals, and packs of wild dogs. The tower still stands, which is more than can be said for another skyscraper, which has half toppled into the Dartmouth Professional Building. Keep going south to reach a Raider tenement block stronghold of Layton Towers. Super Mutants have a powerful grip on this part of the city, too, decorating the Wilson Atomatoys Corporate HQ and Trinity Tower with meat bags and bloody spikes."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide)
- The Prydwen terminal entries