“Your limbs take 50% less damage from Animals, Mutated Animals, and Mutated Insects, you gain +25% resistance to Poison Damage, and can eat Mutated Insects when you're in Sneak mode.”— In-game description
50% less limb damage from Animals, Mutated Animals, and Mutated Insects, +25% Poison Resistance, and the ability to eat mutated insects in Sneak mode through the option: "Devour Puny Insect."
The "puny insects" consist of:
- In fact, this perk reduces limb damage by 50% at all times, because of Comparison being set to "<=" instead of "==" in GECK, but even with that it would work only against Mutated Insects.
- "In sneak mode" is referring to the player crouching, and therefore not suggesting the player could "instantly devour" live or unconscious insects. It is a requirement that the insect at hand is dead.
- Devouring insects instantly restores a small amount of health in the same way as the Cannibal perk, a useful asset in Hardcore mode.
- Each mutated insect consumed will reduce the FOOD meter by 11 or 12 points.
- Each mutated insect consumed will also increase the player's health by 11 or 12 points.
- Combined with the Cannibal and Ghastly Scavenger perks, the player has the ability to regain health after killing a variety of different things.
- Devouring an insect is subject to the same slow animation as Cannibal.
- Compared to Cannibal, Tribal Wisdom:
- Restores less health.
- Provides less FOOD in Hardcore mode.
- Does not result in karma loss.
- Does not allow for later consumption, as there is no insect equivalent of Dine and Dash.
- Devouring an insect does not change its contents, i.e. eggs, meat, poison glands, etc. will still be there if the insect spawns them upon death.
- Equipped weapons are holstered when devouring an insect and remain holstered afterwards until re-drawn.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.