Background[edit | edit source]
Travis has a personality lacking in confidence, despite him being a radio host. Before the events of Confidence Man, Travis will constantly mumble and trail off on Diamond City Radio, and may sometimes shout maniacally (e.g. "OH WE'RE GOING TO DIE!")
Travis's confidence can be changed in Confidence Man, where the Sole Survivor can help Vadim Bobrov to help Travis fight his fears. He has romantic feelings towards Scarlett who works at the Dugout Inn.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
- Upon completing any quest after Confidence Man Travis's accent will change to that of a Transatlantic accent, and of course, will gain a more confident demeanor.
- The Sole Survivor can kill Travis, which leads to Sheng Kawolski taking over the microphone, saying the phrase, "Hey, so uhh... that Travis guy is dead? This is Sheng Kawolski. I guess I'll play the music from now on!" immediately after the song that Travis last announced ends. This will make Diamond City security hostile to the player character, even if they stay hidden and then leave the Diamond City Radio location.
- After Confidence Man he will sometimes refer to himself as Travis "Lonely" Miles.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Letterman's jacket and jeans||Pipe pistol||Diamond City Radio key
Undershirt & jeans
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Travis will mention the defeat of the Institute and will say an old friend once said "fight the good fight," the signature line of Three Dog.
- If visited after Confidence Man, Travis will tell the player character that things with Scarlett did not work out, but he is not too bothered about it.
- It takes at least one game day after Confidence Man is completed for the change in his tone to activate.
- After Confidence Man is completed, security officers in Diamond City will comment on how kind the player character is for doing that for him, or just mention how "smooth" he has become.
- If he is used as a temporary companion during Confidence Man he will not leave until the quest is done.
- There is a small chance Travis will fight back if one takes the items inside Diamond City Radio, even if the player character is not in Travis's line of sight.
- Despite needing the Sole Survivor to trigger his confidence boost, Travis has a post-Confidence Man news announcement about their emergence from Vault 111, as if they had yet to meet.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Travis appears only in Fallout 4.
References[edit | edit source]
- Travis' dialogue - Line656