Travis has a personality lacking in confidence, despite him being a radio host. Before the events of Confidence Man, Travis will constantly mumble and trail off on Diamond City Radio, and may sometimes shout maniacally (e.g. "OH WE'RE GOING TO DIE!")
Travis's confidence can be changed in Confidence Man, where the Sole Survivor can help Vadim Bobrov to help Travis fight his fears. He has romantic feelings towards Scarlett who works at the Dugout Inn.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Effects of player's actions
- Upon completing any quest after Confidence Man Travis's accent will change to that of a Transatlantic accent, and of course, will gain a more confident demeanor.
- Should Travis die, Sheng Kawolski will take over the microphone, saying the phrase, "Hey, so uhh... that Travis guy is dead? This is Sheng Kawolski. I guess I'll play the music from now on!" immediately after the song that Travis last announced ends. This will make Diamond City security hostile to the player, even if they stay hidden and then leave the Diamond City Radio location.
- After Confidence Man he will sometimes refer to himself as Travis "Lonely" Miles. He'll also remark, "things between me and Scarlett didn't really work out".
|Letterman's jacket and jeans||Pipe pistol||Diamond City Radio key
Undershirt & jeans
- Travis will mention the defeat of the Institute and will say an old friend once said "fight the good fight," the signature line of Three Dog.
- If visited after Confidence Man, Travis will tell the player that things with Scarlett did not work out, but he is not too bothered about it.
- It takes at least one game day after Confidence Man is completed for the change in his tone to activate.
- After Confidence Man is completed, security officers in Diamond City will comment on how kind the player is for doing that for him, or just mention how "smooth" he has become.
- If he is used as a temporary companion during Confidence Man he will not leave until the quest is done.
- There is a small chance Travis will turn hostile if one takes the items inside Diamond City Radio, even if the player is not in Travis's line of sight.
- Despite needing the Sole Survivor to trigger his confidence boost, Travis has a post-Confidence Man news announcement about their emergence from Vault 111, as if they had yet to meet.
Behind the Scenes
|The following is based on Fallout 4 cut content.|
- Travis has unused dialogue for songs that no longer appear in the game.
- Travis has unused dialogue for transitioning to episodes of The Silver Shroud. This was eventually replaced with Silver Shroud Radio.
|End of information based on Fallout 4 cut content|
Travis appears only in Fallout 4.
- Travis:"Strange bit of news coming out of the Commonwealth, folks. Diamond City Radio hasn't been able to confirm this, so take it with a grain of salt, all right? Word is, an unidentified individual in a Vault Suit was seen leaivng
(Travis' dialogue) Vault 111."
- Cut song references
- Cut Silver Shroud references