| ||For the location that appears in the Fallout 3 add-on The Pitt, see train tunnel (Fallout 3).|
It is home to feral ghouls and glowing ones. It is lined with frag mines throughout, including some placed on the waist-high ledge on either side of the tunnel. Near the western exit are two bear traps. Both ends of the tunnel are locked with a Very Hard lock. The tunnel serves as an alternative route to reach Nellis Air Force Base in order to avoid most of the shelling. It will exit just south of Nellis within view of the control tower. Follow the right-hand tracks to the fence and then head left along the fence line to avoid most of the bombardment.
- Fire helmet - On a dead ghoul wastelander.
- Construction hat - On a table in a maintenance room with a glowing one.
- Deathclaws from the nearby Gypsum train yard can wander as far as the train tunnel.
- The Nellis train tunnel key, the key to open the Very Hard locked tunnel doors was cut from the game.
The train tunnel appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- PC Sometimes the doors will not be locked and can be opened without the need to pick the lock. [verified]
- Xbox 360 Sometimes, it is not possible to enter the side room in which a glowing one is waiting. The floor of the stairs is not solid, leading the player character to fall through and into the void, subsequently sent back to the tunnel entrance. The same will happen to any playable/interactable object, any corpses, and to any of companions. No solution found yet, though through the clever use of barrels found in the tunnel can be used to jump the stairs. [verified]