Background[edit | edit source]
Train loaders are heavy equipment machines used in construction to move aside or load materials such as asphalt, demolition debris, dirt, raw minerals, recycled material, or rock into or onto another type of machinery.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The vehicles are a type of tractor, wheeled, with a front-mounted square wide bucket connected to the end of two arms to scoop up loose material from ground level.
The vehicles are commonly utilized to move such materials from one place to another without pushing the material across the ground. It has four large wheels, and the driver compartment has a large window taking up the front side. It shares the same cab as the mining dump truck and can be found in both red, orange, and yellow variants throughout Appalachia.
Location[edit | edit source]
There are 56 train loaders total in Appalachia. Examples of locations they are situated include:
- Commonly found in the Ash Heap region.
- Outside of Tyler County Dirt Track.
- Three at Brim Quarry.
- Several around Mount Blair trainyard.
- Several in New Appalachian central trainyard.
- In the flooded trainyard.
- At Black Mountain Ordnance Works.
- At both the Garrahan and Hornwright Estates.
- Outside of Monongah Mine.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Train loaders appear only in Fallout 76.