|For other uses of the term train, see train.|
Trains were used for transporting freight in the pre-War United States, used by companies such as the New Appalachian Railroad company. Appalachian businesses utilized the rail system extensively, which consisted of several train stations, trainyards, switching stations, and repair depots along three separate lines.
The train itself consists of an elevated driver's cab and engine suspended high above the track. Some models were automated. Several trains are found on railways and around the train stations, trainyards and switching stations. Several different types of traincars can be found as well, transporting a variety of types of cargo.
- Three can be found in the New Appalachian Central Trainyard.
- One can be found at Watoga Station with several boxcars.
- One can be found in Harpers Ferry, which has a whistle that can be blown.
- One can be found derailed outside of Welch.
- One in the Mount Blair Trainyard.
- One in the Morgantown Trainyard.
- One in the flooded trainyard.
- Order of the Possum: One must blow the whistle of the Harpers Ferry train to earn the Possum: Rail enthusiast badge.
Trains appear in Fallout 76.