Trail mix is a combination of nuts, fruits, and breakfast cereal taken on long hiking trips or camping expeditions. It's intended to be high in calories, carbohydrates, and saturated fats to maintain energy during long periods of physical exertion.
Compared to the similar caravan lunch, the trail mix weighs a half-pound more per unit and adds 3 Radiation when eaten. However, trail mix heals an extra 2 Hit Points per second over the same duration. It also provides +5 Action Points. In Hardcore mode, however, trail mix recovers 50 less Starvation than the caravan lunch.
Survival skill effect
|10||+6 Hit Point for 15s, +6 Action points for 30s||-180 Starvation|
|20||+7 Hit Point for 15s, +7 Action points for 30s||-210 Starvation|
|30||+8 Hit Point for 15s, +8 Action points for 30s||-240 Starvation|
|40||+9 Hit Point for 15s, +9 Action points for 30s||-270 Starvation|
|50||+10 Hit Point for 15s, +10 Action points for 30s||-300 Starvation|
|60||+11 Hit Point for 15s, +11 Action points for 30s||-330 Starvation|
|70||+12 Hit Point for 15s, +12 Action points for 30s||-360 Starvation|
|80||+13 Hit Point for 15s, +13 Action points for 30s||-390 Starvation|
|90||+14 Hit Point for 15s, +14 Action points for 30s||-420 Starvation|
|100||+15 Hit Point for 15s, +15 Action points for 30s||-450 Starvation|
- Note: Radiation is not affected by Survival skill level.
This item can be crafted by the player character.
Fresh apple (1)
Fresh pear (1)
Pinyon nuts (1)
Sugar Bombs (1)
Trail mix (1)
- Two in a duffle bag, at the top of one of the cement factory's conveyor belts opposite to the Boulder City train station.
- Glass Chime cave, among two lunchboxes and some other consumables. One in the north section of
- Sweet Flower cave. One next to a skeleton in the north section of
- Trail mix uses a lunchbox as its Pip-Boy icon and world model, though a lunchbox is not required to make it.
- Prior to patch 18.104.22.168x, trail mix required five pinyon nuts to craft.