|Miscellaneous quest: Traffic Jam|
|Ask Deb at Bunker Hill for a job.|
|Travel to the National Guard training yard.|
|Kill the feral ghouls inside the recruitment office.|
|Report to Deb.|
|Reward: 300+ XP|
|Leads to: Prep School|
Ask Deb at Bunker Hill for a job. She'll inform the Sole Survivor that some nearby feral ghouls pose a threat to Bunker Hill and that they need to be removed. Go to the National Guard training yard and kill the feral ghouls and then return to Deb to collect the reward.
When the first building is entered, the player character will encounter a few ferals, along with the body of Knight Astlin of the Brotherhood of Steel, which will also start the quest The Lost Patrol.
In the second building there will be more ferals, including a glowing one.
If the area had already been cleared previously, then the Sole Survivor can directly ask for the reward in the same conversation.
- In addition to the reward, on successfully turning this quest in, the caps inventory of the six Bunker Hill traders increases permanently by 150 caps.
- The quest is only offered during the day.
- At the time the quest is given, the Sole Survivor can bargain up to three times for more caps.
- If the Sole Survivor bargains for more caps and then afterwards chooses the option that says they've already cleared the area, the bargained amount won't be given past a maximum of 175 caps.
- The maximum of 175 may also be the only amount paid despite having not gone to the training yard prior to receiving the quest and despite the correct dialogue choices and having persuaded Deb to pay more caps for the job.
- Objectives in some other quests, e.g. The Lost Patrol, The Silver Shroud and Ghoul Problem at County crossing, may send the player character to the National Guard training yard, which consists of an exterior and multiple interior sections. This quest, Traffic Jam, only requires the exterior and the first building section, "National Guard Recruiting Office", to be cleared. The second section, "National Guard Barracks" houses more ghouls including the leader of the feral ghouls, a glowing one, whose demise is required for the other quests. It is not strictly required to clear the recruiting office to complete the objectives in The Lost Patrol and The Silver Shroud, but it is highly likely that the player character will have to kill the ghouls in the Recruiting Office anyway in order to progress to the Barracks.
- On PC, one can solve this by manually setting the quest stage to 100 using the command SetStage 00122221 100. The relevant misc quest entries will be added to the Quests panel. If the first step is not working another option is to advance the quest to the next step by using the command SetStage 00122221 200, then the next conversation with Deb will turn the quest in.
- Another possible workaround is waiting for the cell to reset and getting the quest once ghouls have respawned.
- Passing all three speech checks for a higher reward (agreeing on 300 caps for the job) has no effect, if the training yard had been cleared previously. Regardless of whether the cell has reset. Clearing it again for the quest or telling Deb that it has already been cleared will only net 175 caps.[verified]