The region known to survivors as Toxic Valley lies due north of the Forest, covered by a thin, industrial white powder and filled with filthy, polluted water sources. The Grafton Steel Mill, sitting amidst the desolation, was the engine driving the economic development of Grafton, the central city of the valley.
Grafton entered a steep decline as the pollution from the steel mill ruined the environment and polluted the rivers, while the workers started striking against the creeping automation that was leaving them jobless and their families penniless. The pollution is kept in check by the Grafton Dam. It was built to provide power to the steel mill and is now filled with the polluted waters of the Toxic Valley. After the Great War, the combined pollution and nuclear fallout filled the white wastes of the Toxic Valley with all manner of horrifying beasts, prowling the stretches of devastated waste in search of the few hardy plants that survived the blight or prey to consume.
Grafton Lake and other deadly waters are home to all manner of mutated, aquatic beasts. The area also has a large river that leads to the Grafton Lake. The Toxic Valley contains many points of tourism including Clarksburg Shooting Club, Hemlock Holes, Pioneer Scout camp, and Wavy Willard's Water Park.
The Toxic Valley is in the northwestern portion of the Appalachia map. Locations in the region include:
- TW004 "Daily: Big Game Hunter" [QUST:0011D76B]
- TW010 "Daily: Thrill of the Grill" [QUST:0023C7F3]
- TWZ03 "Daily: Target Rich Environment" [QUST:001155AF]
- TWZ11 "Daily: Pass the Buck" [QUST:0015B1E2]
- TWZ13 "Daily: Buried with Honor" [QUST:0010C1E3]
- TW003 "Event: Manhunt" [QUST:0010E200]
- TW006 "Event: Protest March" [QUST:0000418B]
- TW043 "Event: Patrol Duty" [QUST:0005A243]
- TWZ05 "Event: Swarm of Suitors" [QUST:0025C090]
- TWZ07 "Event: Grafton Day" [QUST:0025C0F4]
- TWZ09 "Event: Dogwood Die Off" [QUST:00088A9A]
The Toxic Valley appears in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenes
- Fallout 76 loading screens: "Grafton Steel Mill was the center of economic development for the town of Grafton, and its large, industrial machines remain relatively intact."
- Fallout 76 loading screens: "Built to provide power to the Steel Mill, the Grafton Dam is now filled with the polluted waters of the Toxic Valley."
- Fallout 76 loading screens: "The region known to survivors as the "Toxic Valley" is covered by industrial white powder and polluted water sources."
- Fallout 76 loading screens: "The lake and other polluted waters of the Toxic Valley region are home to all manner of mutated, aquatic beasts."