After the Great War many rich tourists survived at the resort. Many of them were counting on the government to rescue them, not realizing there was no government left. Afraid of looters they locked away their most valued possessions and divided up the key. As the supplies were running low, they sent an envoy to Charleston for help, but were turned down. This led to the radicalisation of the group, turning them into raiders. At some point prior to 2102, the Scorched killed all of the raiders except for Rose, a Miss Nanny programmed as a likeness of Rosalynn Jeffries.
In front of the elevator is an overseer's cache, which contains the Overseer's log - Top of the World holotape. There are many raider styled buildings set around it. A few other cabins can be found in the surrounding area, presumably lodging for visitors pre-war, but it has since been over-run by super mutants.
This level was a shopping mall circular in shape on the second floor. Many windows are boarded up and the level is filled with shops, some of which still contain remnants of their products and robot employees. There are two weapons workbenches and an armor workbench located in one of the retail spaces. There is a tinker's workbench located in the Diamond Dust restaurant.
The observation level is the top floor at the Top of the World. The raider robot Rose can be found here. It houses radio equipment which Rose uses to run Raider Radio. A cage containing Hank Madigan's corpse can also be found here. This level cannot be accessed until the Signal Strength quest is completed.
- Overseer's log - Top of the World - In an overseer's cache in front of the elevator doors.
- Minigun - On a shelf in one of the stores near and to the south of the elevator on the mezzanine level.
- Two Vault-Tec bobbleheads - Both can be found on the mezzanine level, one on a speaker located on the ramp directly in front of where the player character exits the elevator, and another on a shelf in the makeshift clothing store.
- Random recipe - In the restaurant "a la Ches Burger" on the mezzanine level, on the left next to a sink.
- Henry's note - Note, just outside the room with the dead settlers on the mezzanine level.
- Louis's note - Note, on the mezzanine level, in the corridor behind the art gallery.
- Matterhorn chophouse memo - Note, on the mezzanine level.
- Dreamboat angry letter - Note, on the mezzanine level, behind the "Dreamboat Yachts" front desk.
- Dreamboat marketing note - Note, on the mezzanine level, on a desk in "Dreamboat Yachts" (to the right of the store entrance).
- Dreamboat owner's note - Note, on the mezzanine level, on a desk in "Dreamboat Yachts" (to the right of the store entrance).
- Rosalynn and David's ski trip - Holotape, on the observation level, on a console near Rose.
- Fusion core - At the top of a windmill to its northwest.
- A single X-cell - On a shelf halfway up a windmill just to its northwest.
- Random plans:
- Power armor plan - On a shelf halfway up a windmill just to its northwest.
- Armor plan - Next to an armor workbench near the outdoors shooting range, on a wooden shelf.
- Camp plan - Inside an open display case to the right of the aforementioned armor workbench.
- Random armor mod - Inside a tall open display case near the outdoors shooting range, near an armor workbench.
- Random weapon mod - Inside an open display case near the outdoors shooting range, near a weapons workbench.
The Top of the World appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenesEdit
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.