| ||For the toolbox in Fallout 76, see Toolbox (Fallout 76).|
The toolbox is a settlement object and container in Fallout 4.
Toolboxes are rectangular, steel boxes with rounded edges. The lid is a top lifting with a hinge on the back and accounts for approximately one-third of the outer body.
Toolboxes are found in most locations in the Commonwealth and usually contain junk. Typically the items found include at least one form of adhesive, such as wonderglue and tools. They can also contain other DIY items like fuses and light bulbs.
The toolbox is located under Furniture → Containers in the workshop.
- Clark's toolbox - In the ladies' restrooms to the west of the Fizztop Mountain's pond. Contains For Deke, a holotape written by Clark to Deke about Deke's half of some goods. The key to this cache is found with the holotape in the toolbox.
- Seven in Vault 114.
- Six in Weston water treatment plant.
- Five in Park Street station.
- Five in the Institute FEV lab.
- Five in the sentinel site.
- Four onboard the Yangtze.
The pre-War toolbox is identical in appearance to the standard toolbox. Its name relates to the chance of spawning pre-War condition junk items.