The tomahawk is a thrown weapon. It is a make-shift weapon, and is made out of two railway spikes secured to a pipe with electrical cable and a bungee cord with feathers, paint, and beads for decoration.
- Hatchet - the common variant of small hand axe in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Throwing hatchet - a variant of hatchet specifically made as a throwing weapon.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Throwing hatchet||20||17.6||x1.5 limb||0.88||x1||20||22||1.8||4995||2||20||10||25||1|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Tomahawks can be found on the corpses of the White Legs.
- Joshua Graham sells these before the ending of Honest Hearts.
- Gun Runners and other vendors will sell these after you have left Zion National Park.
- When heading west from Red Rapids docks, there is a skeleton with one in its back.
- East of Ranger Substation Osprey, on a ledge near the river is a skeleton with one in its back and binoculars nearby.
- Sometimes sold by Chet in Goodsprings
- On the roof of the Zion Ranger station there is a skeleton with a tomahawk embedded in its skull.
- Sold by Alexander beneath the overpass at the 188 trading post
- Sold occasionally by Michelle Kerr at the 188 trading post
- Similar to the throwing spear, this weapon will stick in the ground, walls, etc., but cannot be retrieved after being thrown.
- If the player is hit by a tomahawk, it is visibly sticking out of them in third-person. However, after approximately five seconds, it will disappear.
- The tomahawk has very high item health relative to most other melee weapons, and as such would degrade very slowly, even though you can only attack once with it as it becomes irretrievable once thrown.
- The tomahawk can be shot by the Courier when an enemy throws it at him/her.
- throwing spear.[verified] When holding more than 30 tomahawks, it will show that you only have a small amount. However, if you drop the small amount, it will then say you have 30, much like the
- In first person you will not have a tomahawk visible in your hand, but if you throw one, you will still have the same amount, effectively creating an infinite number of tomahawks.[verified]
Impact on solid object
Impact on flesh
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.