|For other characters named Tom, see Tom.|
Anderson trained with the Followers of the Apocalypse and previously ran operations for the NCR's Office of Science and Industry. Passing through Westside with Arcade Gannon recently revealed to him the extent of the community's water problem. He subsequently returned to assist, becoming integral to the effort of not only bringing water to Westside, but teaching the citizens how to establish and grow crops. Many of the locals say that Anderson's assistance has allowed the area to reach a level of self-sustainability.
He states that politicians back in Shady Sands are too detached from reality to advocate for the best interests of the citizens, only concerning themselves with productivity and growth. Facing inevitable crop failure with no means to purchase water, Anderson rigged the pump station near NCR sharecropper farms to occasionally divert water to their local cisterns. When discovered and confronted by Corporal White, Anderson killed him to keep the water diversion secret.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- The White Wash: Anderson has some useful information about the whereabouts of Corporal White.
- I Could Make You Care: Anderson attempts to explain his beliefs and those of the Followers.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Merc grunt outfit
|Laser pistol||Drained small energy cells||Anderson's confession|
- Tom wears a Pip-Boy 3000.
- Tom may glitch out of his cell after he turns himself in. Anderson walks out of Camp McCarran and one can converse with him normally.
- When asked about the co-op, he will say that the co-op is "lead by Clayton," but the subtitles read "run by Clayton."
- He pronounces Clayton Ettienne's as "eh-TIN-ee" instead of "eh-TEE-en."
- "I'm with the Followers of the Apocalypse, and I help the locals in Westside grow crops. Unlike the NCR, the Followers don't expect anything back."
- "The bottom line for NCR is productivity and growth. Politicians back in Shady Sands are completely detached from the people actually living here."
- "I suppose there's no point in denying it any longer. I killed Corporal White to protect Westside's self-reliance. It was rash, and I regret it now. We don't have the money to pay for the water, so I rigged the pump station to divert water to the local cisterns from time to time."
Tom Anderson appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- Camp McCarran terminal building, Anderson may still talk as though he were still in Westside. [verified] While in prison in the
- Anderson can disappear into the wall of his apartment though he remains on your radar, if this happens prior to the White Wash quest, the quest becomes impossible to finish. [verified]
- Camp McCarran terminal building at the end of the quest, you can still find him in Westside. There will be two non-player characters of Anderson. [verified] Even though you can find him in the prison at the