|For other characters in the Fallout universe named Joe, see Joe.|
Background[edit | edit source]
This wandering merchant sells a variety of junk, equipment, and weaponry, but also dabbles in scavenging and selling robot parts. He is built a good rapport with wastelanders, and Sheriff Simms of Megaton is particularly happy with his purchase of Deputies Steel and Weld. He can currently be seen wandering the wastes with his robotic entourage, which includes an old Mister Gutsy army unit named Sergeant RL-3.
Daily schedule[edit | edit source]
Tinker Joe moves between the following locations:
- Northwest of the RobCo facility.
- The parking area south of the RobCo facility (around 8 in the morning).
- The crossroad east of Tenpenny Tower, south of the RobCo facility.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 10-90|
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
Joe sells Sergeant RL-3, a robot companion, for the price of 1000 bottle caps (500 with a Barter skill of 70) if the player character has a neutral Karma. If he is dead, Sergeant RL-3 will no longer be available for recruitment as a companion.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The southwest corner of the RobCo facility is also the southern terminus of a "Type B" random encounter patrol route and one of its spawn points.
- Tinker Joe sells the highest number of scrap metal after Karl in the Meresti Metro station.
- Tinker Joe refuses to sell Sergeant RL-3 to the Lone Wanderer unless they have neutral Karma saying that he, "doesn't like the look of you."
- Sometimes after the player character has bought Sergeant RL-3 and chosen him as a follower, Tinker Joe and his protectron will randomly spawn with them after fast travel or entering a location then run away, potentially resulting in his death.
- After reverse pickpocketing items onto Tinker Joe it may take up to three days before he'll equip the new items; entering and exiting nearby locations such as the RobCo facility or Tenpenny Tower will not speed the process.
- He will sometimes equip gear that is sold to him, such as raider armor.
- Tinker Joe says the other two robots are reserved for delivery, but he never leaves the vicinity of the RobCo facility.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Tinker Joe appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Xbox 360 It is possible that Tinker Joe will be stuck with the protectron and Mister Handy in one spot. The interaction will not be possible. Killing any of them will result in them disappearing. [verified]