|For an overview of other types of dynamite, see dynamite.|
For the character from Fallout 3, see Timebomb.
The time bomb is an improvised explosive weapon. Unlike a land mine, once activated it cannot be disarmed, and will automatically detonate after 15 seconds. It is a placed explosive, and cannot be used in V.A.T.S. While most other placed explosives are flat, the time bomb is rounded, and thus it is capable of rolling down inclines and bouncing off objects instead of remaining in place once set. This weapon can be used to earn the Gun Runners' Arsenal challenge, Crackerjack Timing.
This weapon can be crafted by the player character.
Duct tape (1)
Egg timer (1)
Time bomb (1)
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Time bomb, high yield (Mad Bomber)||1||120.3||400||0.3||x1||0||24||16.7||0.0||1||245||0.5||750||1500||50||1|
- Camp McCarran - Can be bought from Sgt. Contreras.
- Mick & Ralph's - Can occasionally be bought from Mick.
- Great Khan armorer - Can be bought from the armorer.
- Caesar's Legion safehouse - Two can be found on the furthest right bed.
- Hoover Dam - Can occasionally be bought from Quartermaster Bardon.
- Can be bought from Joshua Graham.
- Despite containing five sticks of dynamite, the time bomb only does twice the damage of a single stick.
- Reverse-pickpocketing a live time bomb will cause it to detonate much faster than normal.
- The dynamite is labeled Inert, which means it is stable and can only be detonated with a blasting cap or similar device, despite being able to explode if shot.
- The time bomb can be picked up and moved around once placed, unlike most other placed explosives.
- The time bomb depicted on the Collector's Edition playing card is of a different design than the one in-game, having a clock rather than an egg timer, black bands rather than grey bands, an additional black pressure gauge, and thin yellow wires rather than large black wires.