Ticonderoga is used by the Railroad as a safehouse, and can be accessed and used by the Sole Survivor for the same purpose after the quests The Molecular Level and Boston After Dark. It is just south of Monsignor Plaza, and can be entered from the exterior either via an elevator on the first floor or by a door on the second floor. The door, however, can only be unlocked by using a terminal on the far side in the first floor of the safehouse's interior.
The safehouse has eight floors, with two above where the elevator deposits the player character and five below. Each floor is relatively small, but taken together provide quite a lot of space. The Railroad only occupy the top three floors, which appear to have been partially renovated and cleaned.
- Fat Man - On the sixth (elevator) floor, underneath the stairs.
- Guns and Bullets issue #5 - On the eighth (top) floor, in the northwest room.
- Mini nuke - On the eighth floor, in the northeast room.
- Stealth Boy - On the eighth floor, in the southwest room.
- Vault-Tec lunchbox - On the fourth floor, on a console in the room with the protectron.
- Two Nuka-Cola Quantums - On the third floor, in a crate under the stairs.
- Ticonderoga and its map marker are only accessible after completing the quest Boston After Dark for the Railroad. If the player character sides against the Railroad before completing Boston After Dark, neither the elevator nor the entrance door will be usable, permanently barring the player character from the safehouse for the rest of the game.
- There is a fridge near the Fat Man on the sixth floor where the elevator deposits the player character. The fridge contains some random loot and a cooler; however, there is no prompt to open the fridge or access any of the items.
- There is a protectron locked in a pod on the fourth floor that may be activated via the nearby terminal. If it is Legendary and the player character destroys it, the mini-nuclear explosion may kill Railroad agents on the floor above it.
- Even if the player character allies with the Railroad faction, there is an Expert-locked terminal on the eighth floor that cannot be accessed without it being considered a crime.
- When at this location companions make comments, which are activated at the penthouse foyer.
|Curie||"Oh, look. A secret base."|
|Deacon||"Good old Ticon. High Rise is one of the best."|
Ticonderoga appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
Ticonderoga shares its name with an 18th-century military fort near Lake Champlain in New York, which saw notable action during the American Revolutionary War. The fort's captured cannons were eventually used to repel British forces from Boston on Evacuation Day, which is observed in several Massachusetts counties concurrently with Saint Patrick's Day, on March 17.