|For an overview of grenade launcher models in all games, see Grenade launcher.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Thump-Thump is a unique grenade rifle which has the extended range of a barrel extension mod found in its common counterparts and enhanced AoE radius. It also has a 30% faster attack speed, 0.5 lower weight, and is 25% more durable compared to a standard grenade rifle. It also has a unique texture and the words "Thump-Thump" scrawled on the side with an arrow pointing towards the muzzle. There is also a drawing of an angry beaver with red eyes holding a rifle on the stock. Standard 40mm grenades fired from this weapon will have twice the velocity as ones fired from other grenade rifles.
Durability[edit | edit source]
Thump-Thump can fire a total of about 620 standard rounds from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Grenade rifle - the common variant found throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- Mercenary's grenade rifle - a unique variant added with the Courier's Stash add-on.
- Great Bear grenade rifle - a unique variant found in the Long 15.
- Red Victory grenade rifle - a unique variant found at Dry Wells.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Great Bear grenade rifle||15||246.4||100||2.14||x1||15||32||3.6||0.5||1||1245||5||950||190||25||3|
|Mercenary's grenade rifle||2||218.6||100||2.14||x1||1||35||2.9||1.0||1||495||5.5||300||54.5||0||3|
|Red Victory grenade rifle||2||327.9||100||3.21||x1||1||29||3.5||1.0||1||620||4||950||237.5||25||3|
Location[edit | edit source]
- Nellis array - Inside the building, south/southeast of the generator switches during or after the quest Ant Misbehavin'. It is next to two broken generators, by a skeleton.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Boomers are killed for Mr. House or Caesar's Legion before obtaining the Nellis generator key from Raquel, Thump-Thump cannot be obtained. The building's door is unpickable and can only be opened with the key, which does not appear on her body if she dies.
- Thump-Thump uses a unique projectile to give it the projectile speed bonus, meaning said bonus only affects standard 40mm grenades.
- Even though Thump-Thump has increased attack speed over a normal grenade rifle, it doesn't have increased reload speed, largely mitigating the DPS boost.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Thump-Thump is based on the real-world M79, a U.S. grenade launcher developed in the early sixties.
- The name Thump-Thump is a reference to "Thumper," one of the nicknames U.S. service members gave the M79 due to its distinctive report.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 On some occasions Thump-Thump will not inflict any damage to the target. If this happens you may also not cause any damage while using V.A.T.S.[verified]
- Xbox 360 Sometimes it removes the 1st person texture and turns invisible in 3rd person.[verified]