|For an overview of spear models appearing in the Fallout series, see Spear.|
Throwing knife spears are used to create and maintain the knife spear.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Knife spear||20||37.9||x1.5 limb||1.89||x1||20||35||1.1||1995||3||55||18.3||25||2|
|Knife spear clean||25||47.4||x3 limb||1.89||x1.2||25||35||1.4||1995||3||55||18.3||25||2|
|Throwing knife spear||42||20.2||x2 limb||0.48||x1||42||28||3||4995||0.65||25||38.5||25||1|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
They are plentiful in the Villa. They are carried by ghost harvesters who use them as their main weapon. Each ghost harvester yields 5 of them upon death.
- Compared to standard throwing spears, throwing knife spears have a slightly higher weight and lower damage. However, throwing knife spears have a high (2x) limb damage modifier, while standard throwing spears lack any limb damage bonus.
- Throwing knife spears can be used to repair both knife spears and knife spears clean. Owing to the thrown weapon's high health, as well as normally being found in perfect condition, this will repair either of the melee weapons to perfect condition.
- They are limited upon return to the Mojave.
- They can be successfully coated in Cloud Kiss (or any other poison) to provide additional damage over time.
- When thrown in a first person view outside the Sierra Madre, the spear will have a trail of the cloud.
- Even though it is classified as a "throwing spear," it cannot be used toward the GRA challenge "You Don't Belong In This World!"
- Throwing knife spear is marked as a "Player Only" weapon, meaning it cannot be given to companions for use.
- Throwing knife spears are not affected by the Loose Cannon trait.
If thrown by the player while crouching and on top of a bear trap, it will explode. [verified]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.