|For an overview of throwing knives, see throwing knife.|
A deadly weapon of choice for assassins, throwing knives are as silent. They are small, lightweight, and quick. The handle is wrapped in red ribbon. The knives are more effective when coated with poison.
- Crimson Caravan Company - Blake occasionally sells them.
- Goodsprings General Store - Chet occasionally sells one or two.
- Mick & Ralph's, Freeside - Mick offers 15 for sale once his "secret inventory" is unlocked by passing a Speech check of 30.
- Quartermaster Bardon in the Hoover Dam offices - On very rare occasions they can be purchased here.
- Throwing knives launch quicker than throwing spears.
- Throwing hatchets, spears, and knives can not be picked up and re-used once thrown.
- It counts as a holdout weapon that can be taken into casinos and other weapon restricted areas.
- If a critical hit is scored on an enemy's head, it may explode.
- The throwing knives sold by Mick are not in 100 percent condition, unlike all other throwing weapons in the game.
- When thrown at creatures like radscorpions, red blood can be seen from the hit area.
- When you take off a limb with a throwing knife, a semi-glowing version appears afterwards that is not able to be picked up called "projectile throwing knife," and when shot, it explodes. [verified]
- Sometimes the throwing knife may explode when hitting a dead enemy's leg. [verified]
- After throwing one at an enemy they will unequip forcing the player to re-equip them every single use. [verified]