|For an overview of throwing knives, see throwing knife.|
The throwing knife has the distinction of possessing the longest range of any thrown weapon; however, it does not deal a significant amount of damage.
Its usefulness is disputed due to its low damage, but it has the ability to knock enemies unconscious on a critical hit, neutralizing them for many turns. In this way, the throwing knife is essentially an instant kill – you can knock them out, then hit them in the eyes with a 95% hit chance to kill them very quickly.
- The Vault Dweller's starting load-out will include with 2 if the Throwing is a tag skill.
- The Hub Underground, used by Decker.
- Can be found on several Khans in their base.
- Some Regulators in Adytum of the Boneyard have these.
- Klamath Downtown, on a bookcase in one of the houses.
- Modoc, can be found on a bookcase.
- Yakuza random encounter, often carried by Yakuza.
- Can be found on several merchants.
- Can be found in certain locations around Klamath.