A small wood-handled hatchet, useful for chopping wood and limbs alike. Unlike the standard hatchet, the shape and weight of throwing hatchets makes them more ideal for hurling at targets with decent range and accuracy.
Throwing hatchets require a Strength of 1 and a Melee Weapons skill of 25 to be used effectively. Like their non-thrown counterparts, throwing hatchets inflict an additional 50% in Limb Damage, and deal more damage than any other non-explosive thrown weapon.
- Tomahawk - an improvised throwing weapon.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Throwing hatchet||20||17.6||x1.5 limb||0.88||x1||20||22||1.8||4995||2||20||10||25||1|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Crimson Caravan Company - can be bought from Blake.
- Goodsprings General Store - can be bought from Chet.
- Hoover Dam - can be bought from Quartermaster Bardon.
- Mick & Ralph's, Freeside - can be bought from Mick.
- Red Rock Canyon, Great Khan armory - can be bought from Great Khan armorer.
- Hatchets can be used at much greater ranges than throwing spears or throwing knives, especially in V.A.T.S.
- Throwing hatchets, spears, and knives are more effective when coated with poisons.
- Throwing hatchets, spears, and knives cannot be picked up and re-used once thrown.
- If thrown at a miscellaneous object, such as a glass pitcher, the hatchet will disappear as it makes contact instead of sticking into the object.
- The throwing hatchet has very high item health relative to most other melee weapons, and as such would degrade very slowly, even though you can only attack once with it as it becomes irretrievable once thrown.
Old World Blues installed, the damage and critical damage is reduced to 20. [verified]With