This Machine is a unique rifle in Fallout: New Vegas.
Along the gun's left side are the words "WELL THIS MACHINE KILLS COMMIES." This Machine is a unique rifle chambered in .308 caliber round, holding up to eight rounds at a time. The rifle has relatively wide spread. Without Gun Runners' Arsenal, the weapon has no non-unique counterpart.
This Machine can fire a total of about 2995 standard rounds, the equivalent of 375 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, HP, & AP||2995||375|
- Battle rifle (GRA) - A non-unique variant of This Machine.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
- Dealing with Contreras: This Machine is received at the end of the unmarked quest Dealing with Contreras, either by Contreras if he isn't turned in or by Carrie Boyd if he is.
Behind the scenes
- Although based on the M1 Garand,[Non-canon 1] This Machine is not an exact reproduction.[Non-canon 2]
- This Machine is a reference to Woodie Guthrie's guitar, which had a sticker stating "This Machine Kills Fascists" emblazoned on it. This Machine has the statement "Well This Machine Kills Commies" seemingly phrased as a direct reply, carved into its side.
- In the game's files, as well as the G.E.C.K, This Machine is referred to as "WeapNVBattleRifleUnique."
- In some games, This Machine will never degrade below 80%. [verified]
- The weapon's sights are not properly zeroed. The bullet fires slightly left of the iron sights, making medium to long range shots very difficult. [verified]
- The inscription on the left side of the rifle will sometimes disappear.[verified]
- This gun can be grabbed twice providing you expose his drug dealing to Boyd first, then finish everything with the medical supplies at Miguel's Pawnshop without killing the NCR ranger there and then hack his computer and expose him again to Boyd. [verified]
- Grunt perk. [verified]
This Machine is unaffected by the
- Fixed with JSawyer.