The New California Republic is acutely aware of the Boomers to the northeast and would like to contact them in hopes of forging an alliance for the upcoming Second Battle of Hoover Dam. Their howitzers could provide much-needed fire support during the battle.
|Main Quest: Things That Go Boom|
|Speak with Ambassador Dennis Crocker at the NCR Embassy.|
|Travel to Nellis Air Force Base and ask Pearl how the Boomers can be helped.|
|Complete the Volare! quest chain, including raising the bomber.|
|Return to Crocker at the NCR embassy and report that the Boomers have pledged their support.|
|Reward: 200 XP, 300, 400 or 500 bottle caps and NCR fame.|
|Leads to: Kings' Gambit|
- As the Courier has exited the Lucky 38 for the first time, an NCR trooper will approach them and give a message, which asks the Courier to visit Ambassador Dennis Crocker at the NCR Embassy. The embassy is in the last section of the Strip (farthest from the North Gate). Crocker is in the building on the left once upon entering the front gate. Once inside, go through the door on the left to the end of the hall to find Crocker.
- Crocker will ask the Courier to get the Boomers to support the NCR. Follow the map to Nellis Air Force Base and speak to Pearl to learn how to win their support.
- Complete the Volare! quest chain, including raising the bomber. If Volare! has already been completed, Pearl can simply be asked for help in the coming battle, to which she happily agrees.
- Return to Crocker and inform him that they have pledged their support. This will complete the quest and gain the Courier NCR fame.
- This quest disregards reputation with NCR; even if the Courier is Vilified with them, they are still allowed to enter the embassy and talk to Crocker. Additionally, accepting this quest will remove any infamy with the NCR. If the Courier has already met the Boomers, reporting that they will or will not help will also clear any NCR infamy.
- Already being Idolized by the Boomers greatly reduces the time taken to complete this quest.
- Despite Crocker requesting that the Boomers aid the NCR, the Boomers will pledge their help directly to the Courier. This is kept from Crocker, allowing him to believe that the Boomers will support the NCR regardless of the Courier's true allegiances, and completes the quest.
After telling Crocker about having gained the Boomers' support, an NCR MP will stop the Courier in the hallway, say something about how "you should have paid your dues" and become hostile. He and any other NCR troops in the hallway will attack, but killing them doesn't result in karma or reputation loss (on PC and ps3, reputation may still be lost), and no other NCR troopers become hostile afterwards. [verified]