When this perk is taken, all living creatures killed have a 50% chance of having 1-3 thin red paste or blood sausages on them. In Casual Mode, with this perk, food can be forsaken entirely in favor of this.
- This perk can be a significant source of caps, as thin red paste and blood sausage both have a very high value for their weight (125 and 175, respectively).
- The effects provided by these new items are powerful. The health regeneration can be +10 health per second for the craftable black blood sausage. This is already well above the already powerful regeneration made possible by Rad Child, which does not provide the max health bonuses that the items activated by this perk also provide.
- The items provided by this perk are not marked as food items by the game. As such, they are not affected by Survival, and do not count towards food-related achievements.
Behind the scenes
The combination of items associated with this perk is a reference to Wasteland, which was known for combat prose like "Rabbit is reduced to a thin red paste" and "Thug explodes like a blood sausage."
- companion on Casual mode generates blood sausages and thin red pastes when looting them. [verified] Knocking out a
- Ghost people may spawn items twice if they revive. [verified]