|Far Harbor side quest: The Trial of Brother Devin|
|Speak to Zealot Ware.|
|Dress in Child of Atom rags, wear a sack hood, raise your radiation level to 75% to trick Brother Devin.||(CHR 9+) Persuade Brother Devin to give up his fast.|
|Return to Zealot Ware.|
|Reward: 350 XP|
Ware's brew recipe
4 Ware's brew
Zealot Ware explains that Brother Devin is fasting and has only been drinking irradiated water for several days now, waiting for a sign of Atom. He also explains that he and Devin are the only two not born with radiation resistance and thus radiation hurts them. He asks the Sole Survivor to convince Brother Devin to stop fasting in order to help him survive. With a very hard persuasion check, Devin can be convinced that the Sole Survivor is Atom's messenger and can be persuaded to stop fasting. If the attempt fails, dressing in Child of Atom rags, wearing a sack hood and becoming heavily irradiated (75% of total health) is enough to convince him.
- If the Sole Survivor has the Solar Powered or Ghoulish perk, this quest becomes more difficult to complete if the initial persuasion check is failed.
- If Ablutions has been completed and the Sole Survivor altered the decontamination arch to spew irradiated water, completing this quest by irradiating themself becomes much easier.
- The submarine's missile silos produce heavy amounts of radiation.
- The Glowing Sea is an ideal location if one wants to irradiate them self.
- During the initial conversation with Zealot Ware, when he asks the player character what they think about Brother Devin's actions, choosing either the "Very admirable" or "His choice" dialogue options gets a dislike from Old Longfellow, whereas choosing the "That's nuts" option gets a like from him. Choosing "His choice" gets a like from Nick Valentine.