The Third Rail is a jazz club in a repurposed subway station. The club is owned by John Hancock, the mayor of Goodneighbor, and managed by a Mister Handy named Whitechapel Charlie. Charlie primarily operates the bar, and a singer named Magnolia performs on a small stage.
The Third Rail is set in a pre-War subway station. Through the entrance is a small area, with a restroom to the right, a ticket counter to the left, and the bouncer Ham standing guard in front of the stairs ahead. Down the stairs is the bar, with a small stage to the left, and a VIP room down a short corridor to the right. A small Novice-locked storage room to the left of the stairs in the bar area contains a steamer trunk.
- Barnes (temporary)
- Cedric Hopton (optional)
- Edward Deegan (temporary)
- Emogene Cabot (optional)
- Robert MacCready
- Whitechapel Charlie
- Winlock (temporary)
- Six drifters
- Yuki (optional)
- Live & Love issue #4 - In the restroom, in the last stall on top of the back of the toilet.
- Overdue book - At the bottom of the stairs, in a cardboard box.
- One Nuka-Cola Quantum and one Nuka-Cherry - Behind the bar, on a counter. Must be stolen.
- Gwinnett pils recipe - Behind the bar, on the counter next to the fridge. Must be stolen.
- Bill's letter - Taken from Cedric Hopton.
- MacCready's duster and hat - Worn by MacCready.
- Architect's note - On the bar.
- Institute renegade outfit - Worn by S.N.O.W./Yuki if given a synth body.
- Building a Better Crop
- Emogene Takes a Lover
- The Silver Shroud
- MacCready for Action
- The Cleaner
- Neon Winter
The Third Rail only appears in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
|The following is based on non-canon behind the scenes information.|
The term "Third Rail" refers to the conductor rail found on electrified railway lines such as those in subways.
|End of information based on non-canon behind the scenes information|