The Third Rail is a jazz club located in a repurposed subway station. Owned by John Hancock, the mayor of Goodneighbor, but is managed by a Mister Handy with a Cockney accent named Whitechapel Charlie. Charlie primarily operates the bar and a singer named Magnolia performs frequently in the Third Rail, making it one of the only places in the entire Commonwealth with live entertainment.
The Third Rail is a subway station. There is a small area with a bathroom to the right and the bouncer Ham. Down the stairs there is the bar, off to the right there's a back room.
- Cedric Hopton (optional)
- Robert MacCready
- Multiple drifters
- Whitechapel Charlie
- Edward Deegan (optional)
- Live & Love issue #4 - Upon entering the Third Rail, to the right into the restroom, the last stall on top of the back end of the toilet.
- One Nuka-Cola Quantum and two Nuka-Cherry bottles, both owned - On the bar behind Whitechapel Charlie.
- Gwinnett pils recipe - Behind the bar in the Third Rail, on the counter next to the fridge.
- Bill's letter - Note, taken from Cedric Hopton.
- MacCready's duster and hat - Worn by MacCready.
- Institute renegade outfit - Worn by S.N.O.W./Yuki if chosen to give her a synth body.
- Architect's note - Note, on the counter.
The Third Rail appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
- The station is based on the real-world State station. Like its real-world counterpart, the station is also located under the Old State House. However, markings on the wall designate the station as "Scollay Square."
- The term "Third Rail" is used by railway workers to call the conductor rail found on electrified railway lines such as those found in subways.