A scientist that is hostile to most all who interrupt the experiments they are engaged in. The Surgeon's mind-controlling experiments seem to seek an understanding of the brain patterns of ghouls and super mutants. Fiddling with brains is a mission for the Surgeon, and the good doctor's main test-subject is one of the glowing ones now known only as "Stefan." Stefan is evidence of the Surgeon's trepanning prowess.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
- The Surgeon is hostile towards the player character unless they appear wearing the ghoul mask from the Tenpenny Tower quest. If the mask is equipped, the Surgeon becomes friendly to them and can even be spoken to, though they do not have much to say. All they say when spoken to is "I'm not in the mood for you, asshole."
- There is a fail-safe built into the chips which will cause all the devices to explode if a signal is sent from a computer terminal in the office. If one's Science skill is high enough, they can initiate this control and consequently kill all the creatures in the Red Racer Factory (except for the caged glowing one known as Stefan).
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|The Surgeon's lab coat
Tinted reading glasses
|Missile launcher||The Surgeon's key|
- The Surgeon does not have a fixed sex or appearance and is randomized every time.
- A vault suit can be seen under their lab coat.
The Surgeon appears only in Fallout 3.
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.100: "The Surgeon
A lunatic engaged in mind-controlling experiments, the Surgeon seeks to understand the brain patterns of Ghouls and Super Mutants, with the prospect of selling this information on to the highest bidder. Fiddling with brains is something of a hobby for the Surgeon, and the good doctor's first test-subject, a Ghoul now known only as "Stefan," is evidence of the Surgeon's trepanning prowess."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)