|For an overview of power fist models, see power fist.|
Background[edit | edit source]
The Shocker is a civilian device, as noted by the shocker glove holotape.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
It is especially effective in combat against robotic enemies, dealing nearly double bonus damage.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The Shocker can successfully strike about 400 times from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Power fist - The common variant in Fallout 3.
- Fisto! - A more powerful version of the power fist, it deals the most raw damage of any unarmed weapon.
- Sim version (Operation: Anchorage add-on) - A sim-only version of the weapon which differs only in health (essentially non-degrading).
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|The Shocker||20||21.8||+25vs robots||1.09||x1||20||25||1.6||400||6||150||25|
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
Location[edit | edit source]
The Shocker is found (complete with holotaped instructions) inside the flooded metro west of Arlington Library; however, it is located much closer to the Mason District South entrance than the flooded metro entrance, and entering there avoids the majority of the metro's mirelurk population.
From Mason District South, follow the path till one reaches the metal staircase. Go down two flights, through the door on the east side and follow the tunnel down and to the north. (There are two doors near the staircase leading to similar-looking tunnels. The incorrect tunnel will lead the Lone Wanderer to a room filled with mirelurk egg clutches. The correct tunnel will be booby-trapped with frag mines.)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The room containing The Shocker is trapped with a rigged shotgun and tripwire in the doorway.
- The Shocker is described in the holotaped instructions as being an unstable prototype weapon, though none of the possible faults manifest themselves in-game.
- Certain perk choices can make this weapon very damaging when fighting robots. The Robotics Expert perk grants the option to shut them down and the +25% extra damage stacks with The Shocker's +25% damage to robots. The Ninja Perk can also be added to the equation and any time a Sneak Attack is successful, it will grant another +25% damage. The Ninja perk also adds an additional 15% chance for a Critical Hit, which with 10 Luck and all Critical Chance Perks (Finesse and Survival Guru) will make The Shocker perform a Critical Hit 48% of the time when using V.A.T.S. The combination of these and a Stealth Boy will dispatch a sentry bot on Very Hard Difficulty within about 6 to 8 hits. If the player first uses Robotics Expert to shut down a sentry bot, it will only take about 3 hits from The Shocker to completely destroy it due to every hit being a sneak attack (as long as the player character is crouching).