Background[edit | edit source]
The bar has a rich history as one of the oldest buildings in Boston, established in 1787. Famous American Revolutionary War Patriot Paul Revere was said to have drank here. The taphouse offered authentic Irish food and daily drink specials, featuring domestic and European beer, whiskey and liquor.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
Enclosed by some scrap metal fortifications, this location is a hot spot for raiders. There are at least five leveled raiders, four leveled mole rats, and two machine gun turrets to contend with. On arrival, it is possible to get caught in a crossfire between the raiders and some Gunners who also operate fairly close by. There may be a stray super mutant or two near the area as well.
At the back of the taphouse (from the cellar exit,) are ramps crossing a chain-link fence and a few paces to the southeast are the docks where Donny Kowalski can be spoken with to initiate the quest Here There Be Monsters.
Interior[edit | edit source]
The taphouse opens to a foyer and to the left, further opens to the main bar. Immediately to the left is a cooking station in the corner. To the right are the counter and a shortcut of sorts to the upstairs area. Behind the fallen floor leading upstairs is an Advanced locked safe and a doorway leading into a commissary and storage area. Move on through the main bar to find a hallway and staircase at the back.
The hallway has an Advanced locked door on the left that is trapped with a makeshift bomb. Behind the door is a bathroom containing a chemistry station and a stash of chems and alcohol. Back in the hallway, another bathroom on the right has a busted wall, leading back to the aforementioned commissary. A Novice locked door at the end of the hallway also leads to the commissary via a private room.
The private room has stairwells in the back on the left and right. The right stairs lead back to the second floor, and the left stairs down into the basement area which contains a few mole rats, an armor workbench, and the pod for Buddy, a specialized brewing protectron. A stairwell near the terminal leads up from the cellar back to the streets of Boston.
The upstairs area consists of a pool hall and a small office. The office contains a green steamer trunk full of leveled loot, as well as a wall of file cabinets and various miscellaneous items.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Total Hack issue #2 - Held by the female mannequin standing on a table by a chessboard, in the room with the Nuka-Cola machine.
- Vault-Tec lunchbox - On a table in the same room as the copy of Total Hack.
- Two Nuka-Cola Quantums and a Nuka-Cherry - On the shelf in the large double-door storage room, in the room behind the bar.
- Gwinnett lager recipe - Hidden in the bar under the collapsed ceiling section. Next to the Advanced floor safe.
- Mini nuke - In a pool table pocket on the second floor.
- Drinkin' Buddy password - A holotape on top of the shelves next to Drinkin' Buddy's container. Next to the red toolbox. In the north corner of the room, look for a flashing red light.
- Shamrock Taphouse key - Two copies, one on the second floor on a desk in the room at the end of the short hallway at the top of the stairs. The other is sitting on a cabinet beneath a solid red wall light, beside Patrick's terminal in the southern corner of the basement room where Drinkin' Buddy is found. A third key can be found on Buddy.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Kidnapping: Concerned settlers will ask the Sole Survivor to help them rescue a fellow settler that was kidnapped for ransom by nearby hostiles, hoping to have them freed without harm.
- Trouble Brewin': Rufus Rubins in Goodneighbor's Hotel Rexford asks the Sole Survivor to retrieve the Drinkin' Buddy, a protectron modified to function as a microbrewing machine.
- Randolph Safehouse: The Railroad agent Mister Tims will leave dead drops in the form of six holotapes for the Sole Survivor, containing information about possible hazards to the Railroad's escort and escape of synths out of the Commonwealth. They can assist in these efforts by clearing out the location of hostiles.
- Quartermastery: Scribe Haylen has identified the location of a piece of technology she wishes to retrieve and catalog. She asks the Sole Survivor for help in bringing back the technology in one piece.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- To the Mattresses: The synth-hating L&L Gang is a major threat to the Railroad. Desdemona has a lead on them and asks the Sole Survivor to help neutralize their members.
- Raider Troubles: A group of settlers is struggling to defend themselves against a nearby group of raiders and asks the Sole Survivor for help.
- Here There Be Monsters: Behind the taphouse is a boy named Donny Kowalski, who asks the Sole Survivor to help him determine what he has been seeing a little way out from shore recently.
- Reclamation: The Sole Survivor learns from Dr. Secord that a synth was kidnapped by raiders. They can help with the planned retrieval mission by placing a tracking beacon on the synth and reporting back to the Synth Retention Bureau.
- Butcher's Bill 2: A survivor may have made it out of the Augusta safehouse disaster. His name is Blackbird and he was spotted recently. Doctor Carrington tasks the player character to gather more details regarding his fate.
- Lost Soul: Doctor Carrington has a lead on a synth that's in danger and sends the player character to save them.
- Appropriation: When speaking with Evan Watson of the Institute Advanced Systems section, he'll tell the Sole Survivor he is impressed with the Brotherhood of Steel's technology and that the Institute could learn a lot from it and asks for help in finding some blueprints.
Notes[edit | edit source]
|Curie||"We should talk with the robot. I am always excited to exchange data."|
|Deacon||"This robot is a national treasure."|
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Shamrock Taphouse appears only in Fallout 4.