|The following is based on Creation Club content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Detailed walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The Sole Survivor starts the quest by investigating the Museum of Witchcraft near Salem. Once inside, find the player's story note in a display case lit by some candles. After reading it, the player is tasked to go to the Dugout Inn in Diamond City where he will find a bounty notice for a raider named Zane.
Zane can be found in the Concord Speakeasy where it appears he has decided to get drunk and take his own life. After reading Zane's story and learning about Zane's associates, the player is tasked to hunt down the three other members of Zane's gang.
- Silas, the first gang member, can be found at the Faded Glory laundromat in Lexington. Silas will be hostile to the player, but once dealt with, the note Silas' story can be found on his corpse.
- Connor, the second gang member, can be found at Camp Kendall. Connor and his new raider gang will be hostile to the player, but once dealt with, the player will be rewarded with a legendary anti-materiel rifle and the note Connor's story.
- Ivy, the third and last gang member, can be found at the Prost bar. There, the player has two options:
- Kill her despite her pleas, to obtain Ivy's story.
- Spare Ivy by simply walking out of the bar. Once outside, the player will be greeted by three hostile bounty hunters. The Sole Survivor will find the note Bounty: Wanted in Beacon Hill on the bounty hunters' corpses, which turns out to be the reason behind the attack. After that, the player must check on Ivy, but back inside, the bar is empty since Ivy escaped during the fight after leaving her note on the pool table.
The order in which the player takes care of the different gang members doesn't matter, the quest will end once all three have been dealt with.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Investigating the Museum of Witchcraft at the beginning of this quest may start The Devil's Due if the Museum hasn't been explored already.
- According to the note Ivy's story, Ivy accidentally killed someone with a chem overdose and was actively trying to flee the Commonwealth to reach Far Harbor.
- It appears Silas was hiding human remains, perhaps victims of Zane's gang, inside the washing machines at the Faded Glory laundromat. The player can find a complete human skeleton inside one of the machines.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Paper Mirror was written by Bethesda modder Kris Takahashi. The quest's title and premise are a reference to a quest of the same name in his most popular work, the Skyrim mod "Interesting NPCs."