|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait.|
The bomb can be reached by going north-northeast from Ranger Station Bravo and is easily accessible if the player character fast travels directly to the Devil's Throat, then follows the canyon wall west. The bomb has a timer, which has been set to or is stuck at "9999."
Standing in close proximity to the bomb will result in between 1-3 rads per second of damage. Depending on the Courier's level, there will be up to four super mutant masters behind the bomb, next to a cave. There are also several glowing ones or feral ghoul roamers around the area. Without the trait, there is only a small blackened area of ground emitting a constant 1 rad per second.
- The One appears to be of the same make as the bomb in Megaton from Fallout 3, a C-23 Megaton nuclear weapon.
- With a Science skill of 60, the Courier can salvage components from The One, which equates to 150 energy cells, 50 microfusion cells, and two sensor modules.
|The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
- Originally, mini nukes could be retrieved from the bomb, however, the script associated with this is disabled.
|End of information based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
The One appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- While the check will say Science 60, the player character will not be able to salvage parts unless their skill is 61 or more. [verified]
- Old World Blues without having it prior. Enabling The One by console commands prid 16192a followed by enable can solve this problem. [verified] Even with the Wild Wasteland trait, The One may not appear. Instead, a large hole will appear in its place. A possible cause could be picking the Wild Wasteland trait after