|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
The bomb can be reached by going north-northeast from Ranger station Bravo and is easily accessible if the player character fast travels directly to the Devil's Throat, then follows the canyon wall west. The bomb has a timer, which has been set to or is stuck at "9999."
Standing in close proximity to the bomb will result in between 1-3 rads per second of damage. Depending on the Courier's level, there will be up to four super mutant masters behind the bomb, next to a cave. There are also several glowing ones or feral ghoul roamers around the area. Without the trait, there is only a small blackened area of ground emitting a constant 1 rad per second.
- The One appears to be of the same make as the bomb in Megaton from Fallout 3, a C-23 Megaton nuclear weapon.
- With a Science skill of 60, the Courier can salvage components from The One, which equates to 150 energy cells, 50 microfusion cells, and two sensor modules.
|The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Originally, mini nukes could be retrieved from the bomb, however, the script associated with this is disabled.
|End of information based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
The One appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 While the check will say Science 60, the player character will not be able to salvage parts unless their skill is 61 or more. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Even with the Wild Wasteland trait, The One may not appear. Instead, a large hole will appear in its place. A possible cause could be picking the Wild Wasteland trait after Old World Blues without having it prior. Enabling The One by console commands prid 16192a followed by enable can solve this problem. [verified]