The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Meeting Gentleman Johnny "Two-Guns" WestonEdit
- Speak to Johnny at the Crater Core. He will instantly agree to participate in the heist, on one condition: Saving his old partner, Hal Gleeson, from the Watoga Civic Center arena. The plan is simple: Since slaves are often forced to fight in the arena, Johnny will pass the player off as his property, allowing him to participate in the competition. Johnny will rig the competition to allow the player to get close to Hal.
- The player has to enter the Watoga Civic Center proper, from the entrance on the eastern side of the building. Johnny will remind them of the little charade he's playing and enter the slave staging area. He will explain that the player's character suffers from diarrhea, which is why he skipped the front entrance, and the slave manager will relent in disgust, demanding only that the explosive collar is placed promptly. Johnny will move to the back of the locker area, and go over the plan (and explain his over-the-top collar, an English holdout called Reginald P. Humphries). The collar is a dud, which means that losing in the arena means skipping to Plan B: Killing everyone.
- A Charisma 8+ dialogue option is available if the player does not like the diarrhea backstory and the nickname the Septic Survivor they get assigned. Asking Johnny to treat the Resident with a little more dignity will make Johnny apologize and tone it down just a bit to maintain the cover (which means the Resident is given the Atomic Avenger moniker instead).
- Johnny will direct the player to sit on the marked bench nearby until their name is called. After sitting on the marked bench, the player will then be able to enter the arena for the first round.
- First round: defeat two-three waves of leveled feral ghouls in under five minutes. After dispatching them, the end of round results are announced. Nuclear Don and an arena guard will come out to the floor. Beating the time limit results in Don being declared a loser and the management detonates his bomb collar. Afterwards, the player has to exit the arena back into the locker room.
- Speaking to Johnny will give two options: Either stealing the late Nuclear Don's special drug stash or hacking the turrets. The player can also refuse either to fight fairly.
- Boost options: Use Nuclear Don's Custom Chem Blend or turrets. They are active for one turn only.
- Either way, to progress, they have to sit on the marked bench again to wait for round two to begin.
- Second round: defeat leveled floaters in under four minutes, in order to keep Johnny's plan intact. Additionally, any chosen boost option to aid the player will be available.
- Wait for the end of round results again. Deathklaus and an arena guard will come out to the floor, where Deathklaus will die by his bomb collar for losing the round. Afterwards, exit the arena back into the locker room to prepare for round three.
- Johnny will again offer boosts (except for the one used up in the previous rounds): Chems, turrets, or convincing Maximum Maddie to intentionally lose the last round in order to assist the player.
- If chems are chosen, Johnny will distract the arena guard's attention, to give the player time to loot Don's locker (three minutes).
- If Maddie is chosen, Johnny will ask the player to distract the arena guard, Glenn, so that he can talk to Maddie. Talking to him will offer an unique Charisma 4+ option to engage him in small talk, giving some insight into his life.
- After the player makes their choice, it's back to sitting on the marked bench again to wait for the final round to begin. Re-enter the arena for round three.
- Boost options: Choice of one unused boost from round two or convincing the opponent to throw the match, removing the time limit.
- Third round: defeat a leveled legendary Grafton monster in under three minutes. Flamethrower traps and explosive canisters can be used as environmental hazards to help defeat the creature. In addition, any individual boost Johnny offered to the player.
End of the competitionEdit
- Wait for the end of round results. Maddie and Glenn will appear for the traditional decapitation. After Maddie loses her head, Johnny will appear.
- Talk to Johnny for the next step of the plan. Johnny will tell the player that Sargento is coming, and he will want the player to drink from the winner's cup. It's laced with a heavy sedative to knock them out - general measure to ensure slaves don't do anything stupid.
- Johnny will give the player a key to rescue Hal and meet up with him afterwards. The plan is simple: Drink the cup, be sold to Sargento by Johnny - the performance made him willing to pay any price - and then meet Johnny back in the arena.
- A Charisma 12+ dialogue option is available to ensure that the player receives a larger cut from being bought by Sargento. Johnny will agree to the idea.
- Sargento will appear on the floor after the conversation with Johnny. He will converse with Johnny to finalize the purchase. After the conversation, Sargento will hand the player the winner's cup.
- The player will then automatically drink it, a fading-to-black screen following as the player wakes up in a viewing booth, Hal appearing in front of them. Speak to Hal to continue.
Escaping the arenaEdit
- Hal will give the player two options: one is to either pick the lock (or use the key), and risk alerting the guards, or the second is to use a hole in the wall behind the bookshelf (by activating it) and try to sneak past the guards through an unlocked door.
- After sneaking past or fighting the guards, Johnny will be in the middle of the arena on the floor to rendezvous with the player and Hal.
- After a brief exchange between Hal and Johnny, Johnny will shoot Hal. Speak to Johnny again. He will explain why he killed Hal, and asks the player to tell Meg that he will get a 50% pay cut of the loot or else he will decline the job.
- A Charisma 8+ dialogue option is available to haggle Johnny's pay cut down to 25%. The quest completes once Johnny has finished speaking to the player.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.