|The following is based on Fallout 76 upcoming content.|
- Speak to Interpreter Clarence ( 4m)
- Listen to the Interpreter's instructions
- Prepare for the ritual (
- Destroy the vines of containment around each Pyre (0/3)
- Kill Cultist Prophets (0/6)
- Collect and deposit Albino radstag blood in blood troughs (0/15)
- Destroy Totems of Warding (0/10)
- Light pyres (0/3)
- Defend the Ritual Pyres
- The heretics are approaching the Church Pyre... ( 12s)
- The heretics are approaching the Bridge Pyre... ( 12s)
- The heretics are approaching the Waterside Pyre... ( 12s)
- Fend off the first wave
- Fend off the second wave
- Fend off the final wave ( 90s)
- Perform merriment atop the Mothman Museum (0/30) ( 60s?)
- Light candles (0/?)
- enlightened mothman eggs (0/?) Harvest
Under construction (rough outline datamine dump)
This page is currently undergoing restructuring. Please reach out to the user indicated above before making additional changes.
This section is required but has not been written yet. You can help Nukapedia by writing it.
- Cultist wrathwing - Gatling gun - level 10-75
- Cultist destroyer - pitchfork/fire axe/cultist blade/sledgehammer - level 5-75
- Cultist seeker - pipe pistol - level 40-75
- Cultist prophet - radium rifle - level 10-100
- Cultist high priest - random cultist gear, mind controls nearby baddies (pinkish highlight effect with tiny spectral moths fluttering about)
- Cultist, albino radstag and deathclaw enemies use themed medium-threat combat music tracks
- Vengeful mothman removed and replaced with hatchling - high-threat music
- Cultist high priest - high-threat music
Each reward in the "Mothman Equinox item" list has an 11.11% chance to drop. Rewards are determined based on the number of remaining pyres at the conclusion of the event, as well as the quality of the dance party finale. Best performance may only be achieved by successfully defending all three pyres, while Good and Bad performance result from two and one pyre remaining, respectively. If all three pyres are destroyed, then the event will end in failure. In addition to automatic quest rewards, the Wise Mothman may be communed with in order to receive True Wisdom of the Mothman, a temporary buff which grants +15% XP for 60 minutes.
|Bad performance||Good performance||Best performance|
Inside the Point Pleasant church, adjacent to the pulpit, are two glass display cases containing the sacred tomes of the Cult of the Mothman. Each volume contains a lengthy account by various members of the cult. By repeatedly completing The Mothman Equinox, access to these tomes are gradually unlocked.
|Catechism of Hilary||1|
|Sayings of Alicia||4|
|Observations, vol. XXVII||13|
|On the Thesis of Wallace||26|
|False Gods of Appalachia||44|
Behind the scenes
The Mothman Equinox was originally teased as "The Ritual" on the 2021 roadmap as part of the Tales from the Stars update. On September 28, 2021, the roadmap was revised, including a rename for the event. It is anticipated to be released during Winter 2021 as part of the Night of the Moth update.
- or 8m52s?
- Shoot at the Vine Barricades. They have health and will be destructible, just like workshop objects
- Use emotes to dance. This step is optional. Completing it will grant addition XP and caps, as well as hurry event to conclusion