Before the Great War, the Mill was a steel mill for a metal foundry in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh, featuring numerous furnaces and presses used for molten metal.
By 2277, the Mill has become part of the the Pitt, and is one of the most important buildings in the city. It is full of Pitt slaves producing metal products under the watch of the Pitt raiders. It features an ammo press, which according to Ashur, is how he has kept his "army" intact and with ammunition "all these years." Being centrally located, it serves as a hub between the Pitt Downtown, the Pitt Uptown, and the steelyard, the steel mill also contains the Hole.
- Marco - Slave in the rotary press control room secretly manufacturing weapons for the rebels. When asked, he will give the player character an auto axe.
- Brand - A slave snitch near the ammo press who passes information to the raiders in exchange for work breaks.
- Everett - Raider in charge of gathering steel ingots from the steelyard. See the unmarked quest Mill Worker.
- Faydra - Raider in charge of arranging arena fights in the Hole.
- Bone - Raider guard who comments on the Lone Wanderer's fights in the Hole.
- Spook - Guards the entrance to the Hole.
- Hammer - Guards the gate to Uptown.
- Near the gate to Uptown is an injured slave, curled up on the ground. If the player character has at least 50 Medicine skill, examining the slave will give the them the option of either temporarily alleviating his injuries or killing him to end his suffering. Neither action affects Karma. If one does nothing, a raider guard will berate the injured slave for laziness and execute him. If the player character treats the slave, he will return to work, and the raider will be amused and remark that the slave will now be able to work for a few more weeks before dropping dead from his injuries.
- There are two Rotary Press Terminals in the room where you meet Marco. They both have an Emergency Stop option, but they do not work.
- After the first arena match, an effect increasing Radiation Resistance by +5 will be active while in the Arena staging room.