Before the Great War, the Sole Survivor, their spouse, and their son Shaun lived in the house together. Shortly before October 23, 2077, the family bought a Mister Handy named Codsworth. On October 23, after seeing news reports of nuclear warheads being dropped all over the country, the family left for Vault 111. As robots were excluded from the protection of Vault 111, Codsworth remained at the house alone for the next two centuries, greeting the Sole Survivor on their return in 2287.
The house consists of an open-plan lounge and kitchen, with a hallway leading to the laundry room, bathroom, closet, Shaun's bedroom, and master bedroom.
- Grognak the Barbarian issue #3 – On top of the kitchen counter.
- You're SPECIAL! – In Shaun's bedroom, under the dresser. Grants +1 to the selected SPECIAL stat.
- The letter blocks on the shelf in Shaun's pre-War bedroom can potentially spell out "ICBM."
- Originally there was a terminal inside the house that would contain notes from both the Sole Survivor and their spouse (Nate/Nora). However, this was cut from the game.
- The Vault-Tec van is no longer present post-War.
- The Sole Survivor's House appears in the ending slides.
- The Sole Survivor can interact with Shaun's crib. Upon pushing the interaction button the Sole Survivor will say I'm coming, buddy if the Sole Survivor is male or I'm coming, sweetheart if the Sole Survivor is female.
The House of Tomorrow appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes